Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clicking noise - any ideas

Options
  • 29-07-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all, I have recently noticed a slight clicking noise when riding on rougher road surfaces. It coming from front of bike and have checked cables, greased and tightened bolts to correct level (other than those on stem which attaches to carbon steerer, which is at 5nm). Any suggestions of what could be causing noise and should i be worried. I can't get the noise to occur when bike is at a standstill only when riding.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

I got a lot of noise from a nut in my saddle, of all places. Hint was that the noise varied depending on whether I sat or stood

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

pab01 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have recently noticed a slight clicking noise when riding on rougher road surfaces. It coming from front of bike and have checked cables, greased and tightened bolts to correct level (other than those on stem which attaches to carbon steerer, which is at 5nm). Any suggestions of what could be causing noise and should i be worried. I can't get the noise to occur when bike is at a standstill only when riding.

Cheers

checked all your spokes, cleats, pedals, saddle rails, seat post clamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭RV

I notice issues myself in saddle/nuts department after a long ride. I wouldn't describe it as "clicking" so maybe not the same thing. occasionally painful on the whole. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

RV wrote: »
    occasionally painful on the whole. :)

Have you tried using a saddle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

It might be your headstock bearings on your steering. Stand beside the bike, pull the front brakes, push the bike slightly forward and back. There should be no play whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Bottle cages?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Brian? wrote: »
    Bottle cages?

Thats somewhere you would not think to look. Very possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pab01

Thanks all,

will try a few of the suggestions though pretty sure its coming from handlebars area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

External cables crossing and hitting off each other?

• Advertisement
Advertisement