Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim Castle as a venue?

Options
  • 29-07-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had a wedding take place here or has attended a wedding here and what they thought of it?

I had a look and its lovely, good package too but I haven't been to many weddings so I've no idea what to look out for or where to save money.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards this place. No idea what the food is like and thats the most important thing to me!

what yas reckon?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

We had our wedding there. Great location and great staff. The backdrop in the reception room is stunning (over looks the castle). Lovely spots for photographs and we had a few freebie rooms thrown in along with a reasonable wedding rate. Only downer I remember was them charging people for parking over night which I thought was strange for a hotel but it was only a couple of euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Ye got married there a few years ago. We had a Sunday wedding so got great deals on rooms. From what I remember the food was good but you'd be better off asking the guests

Thanks all,

I think we would like to go ahead and book it but I have no idea where to start. If I book a registrar first or after I put a deposit down with the venue and how I even go about it!

Its stressful trying to get it altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

You can provisionally book a date with the venue first (without a deposit changing hands). My venue said they'd hold the date for a week for us. Then ring the HSE and see if a registrar is free on that date to come to the venue. Book them then pay deposit on the hotel. If you want to get married at the weekend you'll have to arrange a humanist celebrant. I think they book up quickly.

Alternatively you can go ahead with your preferred date with the hotel, get married privately in the registry office and then have a 'for show' ceremony in your venue on the day of the reception. There's private companies that do this.

• Advertisement

Great info, thanks a million!

Advertisement