Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effective Fox Repellent for vegetable garden

Options
  • 29-07-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Does any gardener have any suggestions / recommendations for an effective fox repellent? A fox has started to eat / chew / pull up my early carrot crop. Normally, this only happens towards the end of the season (early September) and is manageable as only the maincrop varieties need to be protected at that stage etc. etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,178 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The most well known repellent is human male pee! Some will tell you this does not work, but they often turn out to be sellers of sonic devices! Easy enough to give it a try (round the edge of the veg garden, rather than on the carrots I suggest :-))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Hold a music festival and you'll find a host of men peeing up against the wall in no time...

But seriously, seen bear grylls do the pee thing to stop the creatures attacking him at night. I think it's the testosterone.

Hair from a men's barbers stuffed into tights apparently (take them off first ya!!).
    I presume it's a pheromone thing again.

We had foxes try to set up in the garden,,, just catch them at night and scare the bejaysus out of them. Also get rid of hiding places like bushes or dead branches behind the shed etc

Advertisement