Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEX Stillorgan

Options
  • 29-07-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Guys, be careful when purchasing a dvd box set there, bought the Hitchcock box set yesterday only to realise in the evening that one movie was missing. I went back to the store today expecting a refund but they "couldn't do anything" as I didn't have the receipt anymore. Don't expect them to check the contents before making a sale! Now I'm stuck with an incomplete item having paid the full price for it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

MacRaph wrote: »
    Guys, be careful when purchasing a dvd box set there, bought the Hitchcock box set yesterday only to realise in the evening that one movie was missing. I went back to the store today expecting a refund but they "couldn't do anything" as I didn't have the receipt anymore. Don't expect them to check the contents before making a sale! Now I'm stuck with an incomplete item having paid the full price for it..

That doesn't sound like a bargain to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭mcw92

In fairness you really should still have the receipt after a day.
    How do they know you are being honest at all like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

This isnt a bargain alert, but also they put all the discs in each case in front of you. 1st post shill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Why not tell them the time you were in and ask them to look up the cctv?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

As someone who used to work with this type of stuff I can say you do become quite cynical, I can imagine people returning the DVDs after supplementing their own collection etc.

Anytime I've bought from CEX personally they've made a show of putting each disc in. Ask them if they can arrange a replacement from another store or something.

If you paid by card that would work as proof of purchase, if not find the receipt, they don't have to do anything if you don't have a valid form of proof of purchase.

More of a Consumer Issues thing anyway..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement