Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Vodaphone Smart 4 turbo

Options
  • 29-07-2014 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Can this phone be unlocked? I'm nearly 18 and I'm told I can go on the 48 network but I need my phone to be unlocked. I just broke my S3 mini. Will vodaphone be able to unlock the smart 4 turbo? I read somewhere that you need to have topped up by E127 in the last six months to receive a NAC code. But does that go on the Sim or on the phone? Also If I were to but the phone in Carphone warehouse would it already be unlocked? Someone told me all their phones were sim free......... Any help at all would be greatly appreicated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

a quick check on ebay brings up a few sellers who will unlock the 4 mini, cant find the turbo unlock code. why do you need that particular phone when an unlocked moto g is a lil more.

if you are buying the phone (smart 4 turbo) buy it online using a tesco sim card in your phone to get 20 euro off it, this will offset the unlock fee if you can get it. just mail some of the ebay sellers first to make sure they can do it

I wouldnt buy any phone without it being unlocked or able to be unlocked fairly cheaply. dont forget about the tesco sim card * or an old sim card you dont mind losing the number for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

P.S. You don't really have to be 18-22 to join 48. Our whole family (15-50 y.o.) have been with them for ages. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

peckerhead wrote: »
    P.S. You don't really have to be 18-22 to join 48. Our whole family (15-50 y.o.) have been with them for ages. ;)

+1

A load of my friends are on 48.

It's just a marketing technique, don't think they care about your age tbh.

Cos quite frankly €20 from a 18 year old is the exact same as €20 from a 88 year old! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

I have bought three Vodafone network phones in car phone warehouse and they all were unlocked.

Advertisement