Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike stolen. What to do next?

Options
  • 29-07-2014 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Rotten luck. Bike stolen. Have it not that long, was given to me by close relative. Any avenues open to me. Do I report it or look in the ads. Cant believe it, nicked out of the back yard. Dirty bastards raided the bins aswell. Took metal from an old chandelier.

Was meant to take pictures and eecord serial number today as I only just got it here and now the dalm things gone afyer one night in the back yard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Firstly, go report it stolen to the Gardai.

Bikeregister.ie will spread the word on the bike being stolen

There is a stolen bikes thread here on boards, you could post pics to it.

Then watch done deal, gumtree and adverts like a hawk. My bike was recently stolen, I checked the above sites hourly, I went out one night so wasn't checking the sites and it was up and sold in a couple of hours (for 1100 under value). I only found it the next day when it was too late.
    Once it does go up (hopefully), you can liaise with the Gardai, set up a meeting to buy the bike and hopefully the Gardai will do the needful from there.
    I was unfortunate as my bike was gone before I could do anything. My SO's bike still hasn't gone up so we're hoping on that going up soon and we can take action.
    We know who sold them, we have email addresses, know where they live etc but cannot act on it because we have no hard proof just yet. They have sold a few bikes over the weeks using the same story everytime so I would always document these etc. Sometimes I would see bikes marked as stolen on bikeregister.ie or similar that are up for sale and report it back to the owner.

What kind of bike is it? I will keep an eye out.

Hope you have luck finding it!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

@sebcity

Edit: red and black mountain bike with gold written in gold across the bar, mountain bike wheels. No basket or mud guards. Just remembered it said planet on it aswell. Must be a gold rush planet bike, googled it there. The writing may have been in white not gold.

Yeah I was in contact with the fella on here who got his bike back the other day and even said to him I was going to take pics and record serial number. Never got round to it. Stupid on my part. Hopefully it will turn up somewhere. It wasnt my bike to lose. Makes it more gut wrenching. But thanks anyway, already reported, il check those ads as ive never heard of some of them.

Advertisement