Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think Bike in Rathmines ....

Options
  • 28-07-2014 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Picked up a puncture while we were bringing the young lads bike to sell on saturday afternoon. Couldn't get the tyre off by hand, so dropped into bike shop (of sorts) across the road beside Ranelagh Luas stop just to borrow levers for a few mins. "Can't do that for insurance reasons - in case you hurt yourself. You would have to leave it in and I will get to it.". When I asked him was he serious he just couldn't give a toss. "Go on Princess, give me a bad review online !!" What an arsehole :mad:

I jumped in the car around to Think Bike in Rathmines. Shop was busy, but the lads gave me the levers without a second delay. "That is going to be a tough one, 'coz those tyres are a bugger!" After a few minutes, with little success - he suggested I bring it around the corner to their warehouse where the lads were more than helpful in getting the tyre off with a heavy duty levers. "Putting that type back on will shred the tube" - at least it wasn't just me being a useless. He had a used tyre, which still had good mileage on it which he let me have at no cost.

Could not recommend Think Bikes enough. Really helpful, courteous, and general all 'round good guys.:)

As for the tosser down in Ranelagh - not point wasting any more thought. Especially after the great help from the Think Bike guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Oldlegs wrote: »
    Picked up a puncture while we were bringing the young lads bike to sell on saturday afternoon. Couldn't get the tyre off by hand, so dropped into bike shop (of sorts) across the road beside Ranelagh Luas stop just to borrow levers for a few mins. "Can't do that for insurance reasons - in case you hurt yourself. You would have to leave it in and I will get to it.". When I asked him was he serious he just couldn't give a toss. "Go on Princess, give me a bad review online !!" What an arsehole :mad:

I jumped in the car around to Think Bike in Rathmines. Shop was busy, but the lads gave me the levers with a second delay. "That is going to be a tough one, 'coz those tyres are a bugger!" After a few minutes, with little success - he suggested I bring it around the corner to their warehouse where the lads were more than helpful in getting the tyre off with a heavy duty levers. "Putting that type back on will shred the tube" - at least it wasn't just me being a useless. He had a used tyre, which still had good mileage on it which he let me have at no cost.

Could not recommend Think Bikes enough. Really helpful, courteous, and general all 'round good guys.:)

As for the tosser down in Ranelagh - not point wasting any more thought. Especially after the great help from the Think Bike guys.

+1, Think Bike is a fantastic shop. All the staff are great and no problem to ever stop in for small adjustments etc.. We've got a good few bikes there over the last few years and never any complaints at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

They're one of the most b*llsh*t free LBSs in Dublin in my experience. Good guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I've had exactly the same experience of those two bike shops as you. Think Bike have been very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Did you give a bad review online yet princess?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Zyzz wrote: »
    Did you give a bad review online yet princess?

"As for the tosser down in Ranelagh - not point wasting any more thought. Especially after the great help from the Think Bike guys.
    "

• Advertisement

Think bike is a good local bike shop.

Advertisement