Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best brand for a PSU?

Options
  • 28-07-2014 2:52pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think it's time for a new PSU (current one is an old Seasonic M12 700W bought in 2007 I think) and whilst it's not giving any kind of problems at all, I am planning on a GFX card update by the end of the year and it has limited PCIe card power support (only 4 X 8 pin).

I bought Seasonic at the time as they received good reviews from my fellow Boardsies and it's never given me any reason not to buy Seasonic again, but I just thought I'd ask here to see what's the current favoured option. I'd like to go for Gold efficiency as my electricity bills are very high (the joys of owning a pet that requires constant heating) and obviously something modular for ease of cable routing and all that.

Any thoughts? Are there some obvious alternatives I should consider - I see Corsair recommended in builds here quite a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I bought OCZ the last time i built. 2 yrs ago. Never a problem and lots of connections. Only problem is they went bankrupt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Nothing will go near my components useless it's a Seasonic.
    Corsair uses Seasonic as their OEM as do a lot of top brand PSU's. What ever you end up buying first check out on JohnyGuru to see how it stacks up, http://www.jonnyguru.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Seasonic , be quiet. Then corsair.

Advertisement