Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flower Market in Dublin

Options
  • 28-07-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone know precisely where the flower market near the Four Courts in Dublin is and what hours they are operating? Im looking at ordering flowers for a wedding in a few months but am finding it difficult to find info about this market on the net.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can't figure out how to post a link from google maps any more - but it's in the block bounded by Chancery Street, Chancery Lane and St. Michan's Street. You can see an entrance from the Luas on your left between Four Courts and Jervis stops, just after Hughes' pub.

Haven't been there in years - it's mostly fruit and veg, the flowers bit is in the corner at the junction of Chancery St. and St. Michan's Street.

Don't know the exact opening hours, but crack of dawn to about 2pm wouldn't be far wrong.

Can't imagine that you'll be able to do any business with them other than calling in person (possibly what you were planning to do anyway!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

Thanks for your help Heidi,

Is this it?

http://goo.gl/maps/eOO6I

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

ando wrote: »
    Thanks for your help Heidi,

Is this it?

http://goo.gl/maps/eOO6I

That's the one.

If you go where that white van and the bin truck are heading, and take the next left it'll bring you to the entrance to the flower bit of the market. But there's entrances on all sides, so anywhere will do.

There are also markets in the blocks up behind that - the whole area is full of markets - but I think they're mostly if not all fruit and veg, I think that corner that I've directed you to is the only flower bit. Anyone working in there will tell you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There are two flowers suppliers in the market so make sure you get to both. Go early as they wont have much left coming up to closing time. LW is one of the suppliers and if you call them you can suss it out before heading in. They have sundries upstairs and there's also Tip Top around the corner on East Arran Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

ando wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know precisely where the flower market near the Four Courts in Dublin is and what hours they are operating? Im looking at ordering flowers for a wedding in a few months but am finding it difficult to find info about this market on the net.

Thanks

Try these http://www.wholesaleflowers.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

thanks guys

Advertisement