Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Village at lyons up for sale

Options
  • 28-07-2014 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi there, we booked our wedding with the village at lyons next year and by accident I stumbled over an article that it is up for sale. We were not approached by anybody about this sale unlike stated in the article. Just wanted to know if there is anybody else in the same boat? I'm a bit worried now about our deposit and prices etc, and tbh find it a bit disgusting to read about it online and nobody has told us about that from the village. I still wouldn't know about that if I hadn't came across that article.

Anybody else in same boat? And if so, were you approached and were you told? Did anybody ask to have their deposit refunded?

Thanks so much in advance!

Worried bride to be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

We spoke to them and they have assured us that nothing changes with the sale, its buiness as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

JP85 wrote: »
    We spoke to them and they have assured us that nothing changes with the sale, its buiness as usual

How can they be sure? They are handing it over to someone else, who may well have their own ideas. Does the sale contract include a provision that they will honour existing bookings at existing prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

RainyDay wrote: »
    How can they be sure? They are handing it over to someone else, who may well have their own ideas. Does the sale contract include a provision that they will honour existing bookings at existing prices?

Yes exactly my point. And the new owners, if sale takes place before our wedding, are not legally obliged to anything and then we would be in trouble loosing thousands. We haven't been notified by venue itself about sale and nowhere it is written that new owners will purchase the previous owner's liabilities....

So all very risky if you ask me......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Yes exactly my point. And the new owners, if sale takes place before our wedding, are not legally obliged to anything and then we would be in trouble loosing thousands. We haven't been notified by venue itself about sale and nowhere it is written that new owners will purchase the previous owner's liabilities....

So all very risky if you ask me......
    How do you know any new owners are not legally obliged to honour the contract?
    Why do you see your wedding as a liability to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

How do you know any new owners are not legally obliged to honour the contract?
    Why do you see your wedding as a liability to them?

As I don't know what points the sale contract will cover....
    No wedding insurance would cover us so at the moment it's hoping and praying that they are telling the thruth about that it will be part of the sale that all deposits paid will be honoured and that all weddings will go ahead.
    Nothing, however, guarantees all this and even if new owners will honour all weddings booked, we still wouldn't know if they increase all prices considerably.

So I rang consumer agency and they recommend to get this in writing now or else ask for deposit back 😒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Have a good look at the small print of any contract you've signed too.

Advertisement