Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub ohm taste?

Options
  • 28-07-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Guys can someone explane sub ohm vaping for me.
    I vape micro1.8 @ 3.6v in a protank.if i turn it up sumwhat i get nasty burning tastes.
    So how does sub ohm not taste rank on mech mods and how often would you rewick a sub ohm build?
    In work so ill check back later.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

glicster wrote: »
    Guys can someone explane sub ohm vaping for me.
    I vape micro1.8 @ 3.6v in a protank.if i turn it up sumwhat i get nasty burning tastes.
    So how does sub ohm not taste rank on mech mods and how often would you rewick a sub ohm build?
    In work so ill check back later.thanks

It's not just resistance and voltage that you need to consider, the amount of juice available to the wick and the airflow are also important.

In a dripper for example (single coil) you can have a low resistance coil with a wider diameter. Although you are generating more heat there is more juice/air available to the coil so nothing gets burnt.

If you put in 2 coils (dual coil) you halve the resistance of the overall circuit but you also have more wick/air available etc.

In a protank you have a nano/micro coil with constricted wicking so you will burn juice faster than the tank can supply it, hence the burnt taste.

That's the quick explanation, ask away if you want more details or check out youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

Cheers ricky thats good enough an explanation for me. So i take it sub vaping is more or less restricted to drippers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

RTAs with a lot of airflow will work, like the Kraken or any Genni with airholes widened.
    Thicker wires act as a heat sink as well, they're usually what're used to get many turns whilst keeping a low resistance.

Advertisement