Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

concessionary sittings cpa

Options
  • 28-07-2014 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭

lets say one was to fail at getting say all 4 p2 subjects done within allotted time. how flexible are the cpa at giving extra concessions(giving one more opportunities to sit)? I'm told not to worry about it that it will be no hassle but I am worried

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Theflyingegg

I know somebody who has appealed twice now successfully. You just have to make up some sob story and back it up with any little piece of evidence. So they don't seem too harsh on allowing appeals to go through so they can take more of your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

cheers thats what i gathered. i don't see why they put a limit to sittings when in truth the concessionary sitting is an easy gateway to unlimited sittings. good to here nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Theflyingegg

cheers thats what i gathered. i don't see why they put a limit to sittings when in truth the concessionary sitting is an easy gateway to unlimited sittings. good to here nonetheless

Yeah just one of many stupid things got to do with CPA. They really should just say 8 - 10 years to qualify then that's that it's much better.

Anyway best of luck with your exams I hope you manage to get them. If you can conquer those exams you can conquer anything. I know from first hand testimonies from friends that CPA make it very hard to qualify and the exams ask for a lot. I've seen the last few tax exams from p2 and it's 4 questions to do and all them are as long and hard as one large single question. Really designed to throw you off you could go in knowing a lot and still fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 anddea29

so is it therefore possible to do all exams a number of times

Advertisement