Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Quad Core

Options
  • 28-07-2014 2:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Right lads im looking for a cheap and cheerful quadcore phone, any recommendations?

Also in your opinion which phone on the market today is the best bang for buck if you will?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

evo2000 wrote: »
    Right lads im looking for a cheap and cheerful quadcore phone, any recommendations?

Also in your opinion which phone on the market today is the best bang for buck if you will?

vodafone smart 4 turbo

quad core 4.5 " screen

80 on payg when you switch to vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Have a look at the huawei ascend g630 in carphonewarehouse, 5" 720p screen with 1gb ram for €129 when u port to Vodafone. Or buy it for €149 and just get it unlocked yourself online somwhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

vodafone smart 4 turbo

quad core 4.5 " screen

80 on payg when you switch to vodafone

Ah switchin to vodafone tho :(

mondeo wrote: »
    Have a look at the huawei ascend g630 in carphonewarehouse, 5" 720p screen with 1gb ram for €129 when u port to Vodafone. Or buy it for €149 and just get it unlocked yourself online somwhere.

Jesus that actually looks like a serious phone ill def have a look man! thanks!

can't see that g630 anywhere?

• Advertisement

I was actually havin a look at that vodafone smart 4, looks fairly good, is there anyway to unlock it tho?

Its not listed on the website. I seen them in carphonewarehouse stores, liffey valley, nutgrove definately have them..

Its not listed on the website. I seen them in carphonewarehouse stores, liffey valley, nutgrove definately have them..

is it a new phone ?, wondering why it's not listed anywhere here

I see it's £150 pounds on amazon

I'd be interested in it for the young lad

I bought the moto G there today great phone! only costs 130 euro aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I bought the moto G there today great phone! only costs 130 euro aswell

Was that the 3g or 4g model?

• Advertisement

Its a new phone. The screen is very decent. Nice phone for the price. Haven't seen many five incher phones with a 720p for small money.

Its a new phone. The screen is very decent. Nice phone for the price. Haven't seen many five incher phones with a 720p for small money.

it's on the CPW website out of stock

how does the old model moto G stack up against the g630

they're both 1.2ghz quad core with 1 GB ram

it's on the CPW website out of stock

how does the old model moto G stack up against the g630

they're both 1.2ghz quad core with 1 GB ram

They seem to be similar hardware wise, Its hard to ignore a 5" screen compared to a 4.5". Moto g is getting regular updates, The g630 is a mid ranger and Huawei don't really update their phones much other then OTA minor fixes and optimizations. That phone comes with Android 4.3 so more then likely it will never see any iterations of 4.4.

They seem to be similar hardware wise, Its hard to ignore a 5" screen compared to a 4.5". Moto g is getting regular updates, The g630 is a mid ranger and Huawei don't really update their phones much other then OTA minor fixes and optimizations. That phone comes with Android 4.3 so more then likely it will never see any iterations of 4.4.

After buying the Moto G i have to say its smooth as **** to use, good layout everythings straight foward, good camera quad core cpu, looks slick decent storage, for 130 quid you ll be hard pressed to get better imo! then again i know **** all about fones, and my last fone was a samsung s5570 so this is like a Ferrari to me! haha

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/vodafone-smart-4-turbo-and-power-launched-as-budget-4g-options

vodafones got another budget quad core on the way

3000mAH battery and 5" screen

should be cheap too

might wait a couple of weeks and see if it's out

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Andy369

Maybe have a look at DOOGEE DG800. Less than €90.

Andy369 wrote: »
    Maybe have a look at DOOGEE DG800. Less than €90.

Jesus thats a serious phone for the money, surely there must be some draw back?

Advertisement