Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Passat CC - Retro fit cruise control

Options
  • 27-07-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi I am thinking about buying a Passat CC, 2009. Car has everything I want except it doesn't have cruise control. I'm not willing to buy unless I can get this retrofitted for a decent price.
    Anybody have any ideas on how much this would cost and where it could be done?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

George dalton in portloaise does it. He changes the indicator stalk and programmes it. I don't think it's too expensive to do either. I know he normally does it now standard passats but I'm thinking the cc would be the same. Worth giving him a ring or you may be able to pm him on here he's a user just to double check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

stonepark wrote: »
    Hi I am thinking about buying a Passat CC, 2009. Car has everything I want except it doesn't have cruise control. I'm not willing to buy unless I can get this retrofitted for a decent price.
    Anybody have any ideas on how much this would cost and where it could be done?

Thanks in advance

Can easily be done. I had it done in my Octavia a couple of years ago. As BP said, in my ase it was just swapping the stalk and programming. Cost me €125 if I remember correctly. Chap in Galway did it.

With some VW Grouo cars it involved a separate stalk which is/ was a fair bit more expensive.

No harm contacting George. Sound lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yep, George retrofitted this on my A6 last year. Handy enough job and pretty cheap.

Strangely though I find I don't use it as much as I did on my previous Passat. Not really sure why.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

George is your man. That guy in Galway has gone out of business. Too cheap for his own good I fear - he was cruisecontrol.ie. Did my A3 years back for like €135. George aint as cheap as that (but then again George is still in business).

FYI> George did the cruise control in my 2009 CC about 2 years ago. Spot on. Just make sure he buys the right stalks :pac: (my steering wheel has multifunctions on it, so the stalks where different than my chassis number suggested)

If you do buy and consider adding to it, check out the OEM stuff ive added to mine. Shoot me a PM if you've any questions.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057201606

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

The job costs €225 on a CC so not too expensive really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 stonepark

Thanks very much guys! Black Knight that is some tasty work you have done! Fair play! George you seem to be the man I need to call if I do end up purchasing based on the recommendations above. I have one last thing I would appreciate assistance on: I need to get a mechanic to give this car the once over. Can anyone recommend one in the South Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Check if the car has Lane Assist as an option, camera in the rear view mirror housing. If so CC retrofit is not an option.

Advertisement