Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerning tree on boundaries

Options
  • 27-07-2014 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Recently a woman bought the house next door to mine, they're protected houses with protected garden walls, yet she knocked the wall regardless, leaving both our house and hers totally exposed. She made a complete mess of the surrounding area. Then she approached us and asked if she could take out the boundary hedge and build a wall. I didn't want her to, and made sure she knew, but she pushed and pushed until we finally agreed, so long as she left the tree that is just inside our boundaries intact. Today she tore out the hedge and is now telling us that she gas to take OUR tree down too. Can she do this? I would really prefer it stays. What are our rights? She has also informed us that she will be knocking the old Victorian extension on the house to build a huge new kitchen which will inevitably block our light. I don't want to cause an argument but I am sick and tired of her getting her own way. Help??

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I think you need to go seek professional advice from a solicitor in relation this - boundaries and easements are highly complicated and the internet is not the place to seek advice for their resolution.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OP- if they are protected structures- it doesn't matter who agreed to something being knocked- unless she has the explicit consent of the council in which area the property is- she can be forced to reconstitute the damage she has caused- irrespective of how much it costs her to do so. I've just seen a wall in a garden in the city centre reconstituted at a cost of over 10k- for barely 15 feet........

OP- you need professional advice- and the council need to be informed of her actions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement