Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time gaming pc build -€1000-1200

Options
  • 27-07-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? Approx. €1000-1200.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming=Battlefield and Elder Scrolls Online- would like to play on ultra graphics if possible

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No.

5. Do you need a monitor? yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. No preference on size.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Yes, all of them,starting from scratch as laptop as giving up.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? visa/Paypal

9. When are you purchasing? End of September.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dublin -City Centre

Hi all,

As per above looking to make my first gaming pc and have started looking at videos and books and links from the stickys and will be willing to give it ago building myself.

Also i will be travelling to America for 2 Weeks and was wondering if it would be cheaper etc if i bought the grpahics card/motherrboard etc over there?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

It will definitely be a lot cheaper to buy some components in the States.Think small, easy to carry back pieces like CPU, RAM, SSD. Boxes for high end GPUs tend to be very big, as will motherboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

..Brian.. wrote: »
    It will definitely be a lot cheaper to buy some components in the States.Think small, easy to carry back pieces like CPU, RAM, SSD. Boxes for high end GPUs tend to be very big, as will motherboards.

Thanks they were the parts I was thinking of getting as it be easier for transport and the case etc I'll get ordered in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Bricks and mortar shop in USA will be same as buying online here. Except if its broke you are fcuked, wouldn't bother.

Is it really worth all the hassle. And bother. I don't get people going to the USA. And instead of enjoying themselves, Having to worry about getting then transporting electronic parts, and then the hell of if its broken returns?? All for the sake of saving 20-30 euro tops... Not worth it at all. If you are saving 100 Euro then maybe and that is still with risk of it breaking.

Thanks , if that's the case I won't bother , I thought the difference in the price would be more significant and seen as its not ill just order the lot off the web.

Eldoco wrote: »
    Thanks , if that's the case I won't bother , I thought the difference in the price would be more significant and seen as its not ill just order the lot off the web.

Sorry to burst your bubble man. But you will be better off getting online here when you get back.. Unless it was black Friday in usa. Even then you could die in a stampede, be safer to run with the bulls.

• Advertisement

Sorry to burst your bubble man. But you will be better off getting online here when you get back.. Unless it was black Friday in usa. Even then you could die in a stampede, be safer to run with the bulls.

No am glad you pointed it out ,makes more sense and safer with returns etc

Gave it ago myself but wasn't sure about all parts after reading up I tried to make sure motherboard ,chip,graphics card etc were all on par on price range...on the phone so hiepfully this link will for you .

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7gm923

You have a motherboard that is more expensive, than both your CPU or Gpu.

If you want to get ultra graphics tone Down the mobo. And add that to the Gpu.

Thanks for the feedback ,I'll edit this build and try again

When someone is buying a maximus v bla bla. They have spent 300 on an I7k and a 600 euro graphics card. Basically a real enthusiast budget.

It is not needed. A regular z87 board say max 140-150 Euro.

• Advertisement

One more before bed http://pcpartpicker.com/p/M2wWzy

Just on that is there any rules you guys would go for ie 1/3 budget on gpu etc

If it's a purely gaming machine, here's how I would spend the money.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/dRYkWZ

..Brian.. wrote: »
    If it's a purely gaming machine, here's how I would spend the money.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/dRYkWZ

Here's pretty much the same build from HWVD using Skinflint to get the discounts, works out about €150 cheaper that PC parts picker. The only problem is getting all items in stock at the same time!

Don't for get that you will have to pay separate shipping charges on each delivery if you buy from 4 or 5 retailers like you would with PC Parts Picker.

I didn't include periphals or a monitor in this build as you PartPicker list didn't either so if you're way over budget, there is certainly ways this can be made cheaper.

At a glance you could save about €150 buy going with a cheaper PSU (750w non modular), SSD (120gb), RAM (Crucial Ballistix) and CPU Cooler (Hyper 212 EVO).

Item|Price
    Total build cost: €1,249.07 + €11.99 shipping
    Intel Core i5-4690K Box, LGA1150|€199.95
    Corsair Hydro Series H110|€102.75
    ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Sockel 1150, ATX|€117.36
    8GB-Kit GB HyperX FURY Black 1866MHz DDR3 CL10|€73.08
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO Basic 250GB SATA 6Gb/s|€105.35
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€47.02
    MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G, AMD Radeon R9 290, 4GB DDR5|€348.86
    Corsair Obsidian Serie 750D, eATX, ohne Netzteil|€126.73
    Corsair Enthusiast Series RM750, Modular, 80 Plus Gold 750 Watt|€101.85
    2 x Akasa Apache PWM Lüfter, schwarz - 140mm|€13.06

Thank you , this is perfect , I originally left the monitor out of my build as a friend said he could give me one of his so that will help out.I was gonna ship the parts in 2 installments due to getting paid monthly don't wanna broke for the month :( so my first order I'll just get what's available and work from there.

Cheers for your help lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

OT- where did you get the basket2post script, I thought fluffy's site was down?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

The zalmann z11 plus is a really nice case for a first time build, I just built one last month!

OT- where did you get the basket2post script, I thought fluffy's site was down?

It works intermittently for me, dunno. :confused:

Advertisement