Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Km's are in 1 mile?

Options
  • 27-07-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

This may be a very stupid question...but I'm a very stupid person, I was wondering how many km is in a mile, and also what the average time for a male to run a mile in is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

1.6 kilometers in a mile. There no such thing really as an average time for a mile, too many variables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

1km = .621 miles can I ask a stupid question if you are on the internet why did you not use Google would have been way faster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Adzer71 wrote: »
    This may be a very stupid question...but I'm a very stupid person, I was wondering how many km is in a mile, and also what the average time for a male to run a mile in is.

You can google this info, that would have taken less time to register here to post the question.

1 mile = ~1.61km.
    Approx 5 to 6 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

He already said he was stupid , do you want him to say it twice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

F1ngers wrote: »
    You can google this info, that would have taken less time to register here to post the question.

1 mile = ~1.61km.
    Approx 5 to 6 mins.

I would have to disagree with this, amongst the average population, 5-6 minutes is way above average. You are underestimating how unfit the general population is! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Adzer71 wrote: »

Don't waste your time worrying about what the average is, focus only on yourself. Comparing yourself to other runners is not productive imo, go out and do a run, time yourself and then in a month to six weeks from now do it again and see how you have improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Mother of god, it really shows how fast you have to run to do the 4 minute mile!:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

pconn062 wrote: »
    I would have to disagree with this, amongst the average population, 5-6 minutes is way above average. You are underestimating how unfit the general population is! :P

Obese is becoming the new average..:(

Advertisement