Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry screen digitizer replacement

Options
  • 27-07-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

so i stupidly pulled my screen out to get rid of dust that was under its screen. little did i know about it being connected to the motherboard by a string wire thingy..its now ripped so the touchscreen doenst work. i did some googling and i realise i need to buy a new "screen digitizer" can they be gotten in ireland? i dont want to wait 3 weeks to receive one from america :(

theres tutorials on how to do it myself but id rather a shop do it for me. can anyone help?

based in dublin 12.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mr Deeds

Hey Mark,

What model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

blackberry 9900. i went ahead and ordered a screen digitizer from ebay. watched a video on how to replace it...its dooable but id rather someone more experienced do it

If you are interested we have used a guy for the last few years
    who does Bb repairs. Can send you on his details if you want. Send me a PM if interested
    Best of luck with it either way.

Mr Deeds

Mr Deeds wrote: »
    If you are interested we have used a guy for the last few years
    who does Bb repairs. Can send you on his details if you want. Send me a PM if interested
    Best of luck with it either way.

Mr Deeds

where are you based? i will have the new screen tomorrow. all i need is for it to be replaced. is there any chance i can get a quote?

We're in Wexford but he is in Kilkenny. Ill email him if you like or if you send me a PM
    I will give you his email and you can talk to him yourself. We don't usually provide him with parts but if its just fitting id say maybe 20 yoyos would probably do it. He sometimes uses Fast way to courier the stuff back to us. Think they are a tenner for next day delivery... but standard post would do either. Stuff is always well packed.

• Advertisement

Mr Deeds wrote: »
    We're in Wexford but he is in Kilkenny. Ill email him if you like or if you send me a PM
    I will give you his email and you can talk to him yourself. We don't usually provide him with parts but if its just fitting id say maybe 20 yoyos would probably do it. He sometimes uses Fast way to courier the stuff back to us. Think they are a tenner for next day delivery... but standard post would do either. Stuff is always well packed.

can you pm me how to get into contact with him?

Advertisement