Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omega 3 Oils (Alternative to Fish Oils)

Options
  • 27-07-2014 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi, I want to take Omega 3 oils as I've been reading about how good they are for skin, brain and general wellbeing. However I've found that fish oils break me out in spots. Can anybody recommend other oils that would be better? E.g. is flaxseed oil better?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

I use Udo's Ultimate Oil Blend. It's a combination of flax, sunflower, sesame, coconut, evening primrose oils and vitamin E.

I'm a vegetarian and this works perfectly for me. You can get it in liquid form or capsules. I'm a capsule woman myself. You can get it in pharmacies and natural health food stores. Also, before I took this, I used to take flax seed oil. e9.99 for 1,000 capsules or something. Found in health food stores too.

Good luck.
    Kerryite wrote: »
    Hi, I want to take Omega 3 oils as I've been reading about how good they are for skin, brain and general wellbeing. However I've found that fish oils break me out in spots. Can anybody recommend other oils that would be better? E.g. is flaxseed oil better?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

Thanks for the tip Pippy1976! I want to take Evening Primrose to help battle PMS so will look out for that one.

Where do you buy it? Boots/other pharmacies/health food shops/supermarkets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Kerryite wrote: »
    Where do you buy it? Boots/other pharmacies/health food shops/supermarkets?

I buy it in any one of the following:

Health Matters,
    Health Store,
    Nourish or,
    Holland & Barrett.

[or any health food store I happen to be passing and remember that I need some! It's e21.99, which seems expensive but it's worth it. The Flaxseed I mentioned before is great too and a fraction of the price of Udo's Oil.]

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cossiem0d0

Chia seeds are also a really good source of omega 3 - you can find them in any health food store. Just add them to a smoothie or on top or cereal or something and since they're in their natural form all the better!

Advertisement