Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to set up a charity help please

Options
  • 26-07-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi im looking to set up a charity for crumlin children's hospital but i dont know where to get a form to fill out, can some one help me by step by step please i really want to do this as soon as i can thanks dean
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

They have one already , I think they have the Ronald McDonald house still.
    I think Eamon Coughlann was involved or.might still be .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deanbride

They have one already , I think they have the Ronald McDonald house still.
    I think Eamon Coughlann was involved or.might still be .

could i not set up one iswell for the same place

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

You don't need to set up a new charity - if you contact Crumlin Hospital's Foundation they will let you know how you can support the hospital
    http://www.cmrf.org/what-we-do/

Setting up a new charity is just going to land you with a lot of administration - there is no advantage to it really when a fundraising section to support the hospital already exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

i think your best organising a charity then going to the hospital and asking them what do they need and you go off and purchase it...

a lot of monies are washed down the drain with big charities... this way you can ensure that ''something'' is being purchased to help the kids and the wonderful nurses in crumlin....

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dean bride

theenergy wrote: »
    i think your best organising a charity then going to the hospital and asking them what do they need and you go off and purchase it...

a lot of monies are washed down the drain with big charities... this way you can ensure that ''something'' is being purchased to help the kids and the wonderful nurses in crumlin....

i dont know what way of going about it..how could i set up a charity

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

dean bride wrote: »
    i dont know what way of going about it..how could i set up a charity

Look up the revenue and you can download the relevant forms there. You really should have an accountant and a solictor as well. Think you might even need to name these on the forms. We spent about 2 years getting everything set up, and we had a lot of people help out and offer their expertise for free. You need to draw up a constitution and create a board of directors as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

MsFifers wrote: »
    You don't need to set up a new charity - if you contact Crumlin Hospital's Foundation they will let you know how you can support the hospital
    http://www.cmrf.org/what-we-do/

Setting up a new charity is just going to land you with a lot of administration - there is no advantage to it really when a fundraising section to support the hospital already exists.

Just another layer of bureaucracy. Far better to liaise with the present fundraiser section to see if there is any particular area that they need funds for.
    Having said that I think Crumlin Hospital is well looked after. There are other children related charities perhaps on a more local basis that need support.

Advertisement