Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Need Help) Can't launch any steam games.

Options
  • 26-07-2014 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests I can't launch any steam games on my pc. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the games. I've uninstalled steam and reinstalled it. I've checked the integrity of the game files. I've disconnected my gpu. I've taken out each stick of RAM and changed channels. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Have you updated the driver for gpu lately? Does it say a message when they wont launch or just nothing happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Recurve360 wrote: »
    Have you updated the driver for gpu lately? Does it say a message when they wont launch or just nothing happens?

Drivers are up to date. Battleblock theatre I get a message saying its "failed to initialize (probably ran out of memory)". With the rest of the games, they go to launch, as in a window pops up, but then just immediately close.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

That really sounds like a GPU driver problem. Have you uninstalled and done a fresh reinstall of the driver? I had the same problem a few months back and a fresh driver install sorted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Recurve360 wrote: »
    That really sounds like a GPU driver problem. Have you uninstalled and done a fresh reinstall of the driver? I had the same problem a few months back and a fresh driver install sorted it.

I'll give it a shot. I've removed the gpu from the motherboard so I don't see how it would be that. I hope it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SimonFM

I had a similar problem to this a while back, I ended up uninstalling the GPU drivers and then re-installing an older driver. Seemed to worked fine for me. If that fails I would take out the HDD (if you haven't installed the games on your C drive) and see if they work on another computer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement