Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iroko Wood or Cedar wood for cladding on boundary fence for back garden

Options
  • 26-07-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi

I am doing some work on my back garden. I live in a terraced house and I am looking to clad the boundary fences.

I am not sure whether to choose Cedar or Iroko. Does anyone have experience with either and how easy are they to maintain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

doireann08 wrote: »
    Hi

I am doing some work on my back garden. I live in a terraced house and I am looking to clad the boundary fences.

I am not sure whether to choose Cedar or Iroko. Does anyone have experience with either and how easy are they to maintain?

Just bought some 1" iroko and the stuff is almost 50 euro /cubic foot. Cedar has got to be even more. ? I think most people would use pressure treated softwood but if you can buy precut cladding I'm open to correction.

Advertisement