Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which microSD for Nokia Lumia 520?

Options
  • 26-07-2014 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, seeking some advice.

I have a Nokia Lumia 520, with 8GB internal storage. I am looking for some additional storage capacity so I need a microSD card, but I am not too familiar with these things.

I have seen online the 520 can take up to 64GB on a memory card. What other tips can people share before I make a purchase?

I have read online about SDHC v SDXC and class 4, class 10 etc. Are these things important?

What should I look out for? How do I know if a card is compatible before I buy?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Class Act wrote: »
    Hi, seeking some advice.

I have a Nokia Lumia 520, with 8GB internal storage. I am looking for some additional storage capacity so I need a microSD card, but I am not too familiar with these things.

I have seen online the 520 can take up to 64GB on a memory card. What other tips can people share before I make a purchase?

I have read online about SDHC v SDXC and class 4, class 10 etc. Are these things important?

What should I look out for? How do I know if a card is compatible before I buy?

Thanks!

With windows phone 8.1, it is advisable to purchase a class 10 SD card, to ensure apps saved on the sd card run smoothly. (You'll get 8.1 over the coming weeks)

I recently purchased a 64gb SDXC Class 10 card for my dad's Lumia 630 and it works perfectly.

You can find some pretty good deals online.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Class Act

mark_m360 wrote: »
    With windows phone 8.1, it is advisable to purchase a class 10 SD card, to ensure apps saved on the sd card run smoothly. (You'll get 8.1 over the coming weeks)

I recently purchased a 64gb SDXC Class 10 card for my dad's Lumia 630 and it works perfectly.

You can find some pretty good deals online.

Thanks for replying.

Is there any way I can know if a card is compatible with my phone before I purchase? I have read a lot of feedback online with WP users having problems with compatibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I have a Trancend Class 16GB class 10 in mine. Its only a quarter full tbh. I could have got away with a 8GB or smaller.

Advertisement