Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling house with tenants in-situ

Options
  • 26-07-2014 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I own a house that I haven't lived in now for approx 5 years. When I moved out I put it with a letting agent who found me a tenant and took care of the maintenance side of things aswell. These tenants moved out a couple of weeks ago and a new family are moving in next week. I have toyed with the idea of selling the house but I'm wondering is it a more attractive package for an investor if there is a sitting tenant in place. The house is in meath and prices are starting to increase fairly quickly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

No, vacant possession. Very few will touch a house with tenants in situ, certainly not someone dependent on a mortgage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You are limiting yourself to a cash buyer.
    Investors will automatically want to leverage the property as close to 100% as possible- in order to maximise their tax credits. They cannot do this with a tenant in-situ.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The tenants are under no obligation to allow viewings either. So not very easy to get the rare purchaser who might be interested in a tenanted property interested in yours if they can't go see it.

Advertisement