Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tusk

Options
  • 26-07-2014 8:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised to see there isn't a thread on this already, I have been looking forward to this since last year and the trailer was finally released last night and has me very excited. Surprised there was no mention of the films biggest name
    Johnny Depp

http://www.tuskthemovie.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Kevin now says that this is the first part of a True North horror trilogy - he plans to make two more films set in Canada. Part 2 is tentatively titled Yoga-Hosers and is to be PG-13 and starring teenagers, while Part 3 is labeled Moose Jaws, which might be for a younger audience - or not (unclear).

To think that this all started with a spoof ad on an English website ... :)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Hopefully they don't get in the way of clerks 3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Has been, and has been for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

clerks 3 is dead in the water. Weinstien passed on it. Unless Kevin can get another production company on board...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

clerks 3 is dead in the water. Weinstien passed on it. Unless Kevin can get another production company on board...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Misery + Podcasts + Haley Joel Osment - Kathy Bates - James Caan + Mustache = Movie

• Registered Users Posts: 33,284 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kevin didn't want the Weinsteins to fund it. There were too many issues following Clerks 2 in terms of royalties and stuff, particularly with Jeff Anderson (Randal). But Kevin had to give the Weinsteins first choice on whether they wanted it or not for legal reasons tied to copyrights.

Weinsteins have said they'll distribute if Kevin can find the funding, but they just won't fund the movie themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is that Bryan Cranston in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

No it's Michael Parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Was interested by this, but my enthusiasm waned when I saw justin long fellating that thing next to the fireplace. Ugh.

Will probably be worth watching for Parks alone, mind. He was the best thing about Red State by about 10 miles, at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No it's Michael Parks.

He looks very like BC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The Human Centipede branching out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

For anyone still interested, it's not very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Kind of a given these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

This was much better than I thought it would be based on the bashing the critics gave it. Michael Parks gave another stand out performance, why is nobody putting him in bigger movies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sonic Death Monkey

This was much better than I thought it would be based on the bashing the critics gave it. Michael Parks gave another stand out performance, why is nobody putting him in bigger movies?

Parks was excellent.

A good movie all round.

I thought it could've been better though. I'd like to have seen a slightly longer 'transformation' with more dialogue in between.

Actually the dialogue could've been better I thought, but overall I really enjoyed it. I'm not really a Kevin Smith fan either so I was surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Just watched this last night and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Posted earlier in the boogaloo thread. Really enjoyed it. Parks was fantastic. Loved the scene with him and Depp.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I thought it was atrocious! Walrus suit got overhyped, very disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Yeah I enjoyed this too. Could have been more satisfying in quite a few aspects but overall it was good. I'm not much of a KS fan in general but the casting in this was good. Parks was fantastic, you could tell he was having a whale of a time. Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭batnolan

Haven't seen it but judging the mainly positive reaction from online forums it will be a cult movie and dvd sales/streaming will do well in years to come.

Advertisement