Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, Free on Origin (Digital Copy)

Options
  • 25-07-2014 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Might not suit everyone but the whole set cost a fortune back in the day. The code is I-LOVE-THE-SIMS and you need to redeem it through origin: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/

Edit: To redeem, on the origin website, login or register, go to my account and redeem product code. Put I-LOVE-THE-SIMS and redeem. You do need to download and install origin and then download the game through that. For anyone who hasn't used it, origin is EAs answer to steam, and it's safe. It's available until the end of July, I believe.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I can't find any Sims 2 on the site?
    EDIT: I worked it out, hoping this works on my laptop I was addicted to this game when it first came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Luno wrote: »
    I can't find any Sims 2 on the site?
    EDIT: I worked it out, hoping this works on my laptop I was addicted to this game when it first came out.

is it gone cant see it any where

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Thanks for that. Weekend sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Is Origin the AOL of download clients? If I download it just for this, am I going to discover a bunch of horrible side effects?

Would love to lose a few million more hours setting my virtual peeps on fire, but I have a finely honed distrust of EA...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Can someone get me a link to it?

When I search Sims 2 it only comes up with Sims Store Points.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Can someone get me a link to it?

When I search Sims 2 it only comes up with Sims Store Points.

Thanks.

Edit: Found it, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

To people having difficulty, just redeem the code, there is no need to find the game on origin. Theres a place for redeeming games and it will know what to do.
    Is Origin the AOL of download clients? If I download it just for this, am I going to discover a bunch of horrible side effects?

Would love to lose a few million more hours setting my virtual peeps on fire, but I have a finely honed distrust of EA...

There used to be issues with it poking through your files but I think it stopped when people found out. The worst it is doing is gathering information secretly so no side effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

To people having difficulty, just redeem the code, there is no need to find the game on origin. Theres a place for redeeming games and it will know what to do.

There used to be issues with it poking through your files but I think it stopped when people found out. The worst it is doing is gathering information secretly so no side effects.

Ah, not so bad so.

Will I be able to use the game if I download Origin to get it, and then get rid of it, or is it only accessible via the Origin dashboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

Sorry guys, I should have posted instructions. I'll add them to the OP now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Ah, not so bad so.

Will I be able to use the game if I download Origin to get it, and then get rid of it, or is it only accessible via the Origin dashboard?

You'll have to keep origin and use it. I think it might start origin automatically when you start the game but it has been awhile since I tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Already posted this BA 2days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

johnf26 wrote: »
    Already posted this BA 2days ago

Whoops, I should have done a search first. At least a few more people got to avail of it.

Advertisement