Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MicroSD Pureview

Options
  • 25-07-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

Is the MS Lumia 1520 the only pureview with a MicroSD?

I'm thinking of upgrading my N8 and am not smitten by any Android, so am looking at Windows Phone.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Yes, it's the only more recent Windows Phone handset that has a) PureView and b) an SD card slot.

You should also consider the Lumia 930 if you find the Lumia 1520 too big - it has 32gb of space, pics can get backed up to OneDrive so you can remove older images as the device fills up.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

That'd be ok, I suppose, that's all I have on the N8 at the mo.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Is there much between an 925 and a 930?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Is there much between an 925 and a 930?

Yes, a lot.

The 930 is a lot faster in daily use, thanks to a much newer processor. The camera is faster and better quality. The screen is also 1080p (vs 720p) which is really clear and sharp.

And is also has an extra low-power sensor that tracks your steps and commonly visited locations - apps should be able to make good use of this soon.

... both are probably in phone stores to try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Also, Microsoft has recently increased the free storage on OneDrive from 7gb to 15gb. You can also receive a further 3gb which is used to just store photos.

So 18gb online storage in total, along with your phone storage of the device you choose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement