Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 - How long does the battery last?

Options
  • 25-07-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭

Got a HKC Quantum 70 and several PIRs etc installed last November.

Getting sporadic messages about the batteries requiring replacement (message only appears occasionally).

I would have thought the batteries would last one year at least?

What's the sort of expected lifetime for these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Batteries should last about 3 years. If yours are lasting only 1 year there's something wrong.

Did you install it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

mrcheez wrote: »
    Got a HKC Quantum 70 and several PIRs etc installed last November.

Getting sporadic messages about the batteries requiring replacement (message only appears occasionally).

I would have thought the batteries would last one year at least?

What's the sort of expected lifetime for these?

Do you know what device is showing the low battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Altor I'll send PM... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stinky45

Just a tip here for all Quantum 70 users who have added a GSMq card...I got reports from the panel that I had GSM line fault and in a way I had.

But...note...it was down to me having overlooked to top up the pay-as-you-go sim card and nothing technically wrong with the panel or GSMq.

The immediate reaction was to look for something else...quite a bit of work to get the company to switch the sim back on. When topped up all was well did not have to power down anything. By the way I set a reminder now on my regular phone so as not to fall foul of the 6 month top up limit again

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Its meteor who delete credit after 5 months of no topping up. O2 dont delete credit

• Advertisement

I can assure all having forgotten to Top-Up my Vodafone sim I lost €12 I was in credit when the sim was reactivated and furthermore had to Top-Up by min €10 today 3/8/2014

So it's not just Meteor or O2...poor show really.

Stinky45 wrote: »
    I can assure all having forgotten to Top-Up my Vodafone sim I lost €12 I was in credit when the sim was reactivated and furthermore had to Top-Up by min €10 today 3/8/2014

So it's not just Meteor or O2...poor show really.

That is the down side to using a ready to go sim in an alarm system.
    It does work out cheaper so having a reminder set does help.

Hi again Altor...yes indeed I set a reminder on my regular mobile phone. I don't know why I hadn't before.

Stinky45 wrote: »
    Hi again Altor...yes indeed I set a reminder on my regular mobile phone. I don't know why I hadn't before.

Always the handier option.
    Having the sim registered on line also makes it handier to add credit and check the balance on a sim used in an alarm system.

Advertisement