Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Aerial Aerchaeology in Ireland'

Options
  • 25-07-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

For some reason I've ended up with two copies of the handbook 'Air and Earth - Aerial Archaeology in Ireland' - a review by the Heritage council and written by George Lambrick.

The first PM I receive with an Irish address will get it free, no strings.

tac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Colin, you have it.

tac

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

slowburner wrote: »

My version was not only free, but

a. doesn't need batteries.

b. has a 'quick-flip page' facility whereby you simply go back and forth between the pages by 'moving' them. Great idea, eh?

tac

Gentlemen all - a few weeks aog, I sent my spare copy of the excellent Heritage Council reference work 'Air and Earth etc' to the first person who PM'd me expressing an interest in it.

For reasons best know to An Phost, he never got it. Asking the Heritage council for a hard copy in 2014, bearing in mind that they provide a freebie pdf. version, was a long shot, but they have come up trumps, bless 'em.

When I cam home this afternoo from helping to move my flooded-out daughter and her husband, I found not one, but TWO copies in my mail box.

Colin - I'll try it again in the next day or so, and keep one of the brand-new pristine copies for myself.

To those fine and generous ladies and ;) gentlemen at Church Lane Kilkenny, my deepest and heartfelt thanks for your kindness to a furriner. Who said that there is a great shortage of goodwill these days?

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Hey mate,

The book arrived in the post on Friday.

Excellent piece of reference material for my current investigations.

Many Thanks.

• Advertisement

Oh no! I've just wrapped up the replacement copy for you for Mrs tac to mail off!

So now I have a spare................................:O

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Does Antrim count as an Irish address? :)

Last time I lived there it was called Co Antrim, Ireland.

A quick check of a handy map showed quite clearly that Co Antrim is one of the six counties referred to collectively as 'Northern Ireland', a place I was always happy to leave intact, with no extra apertures on my body.

A simple removal of one address, a replacement with yours, and you'll have it this week if the creek don't rise.

PM me if you are serious.

tac

Hey,
    I'm serious yeah, but please check the cost of postage first. It might be a bit more and I don't want you forking out any more money just for me!
    If you're ok, I'll PM you my address when you check UK postage. :)

Thanks!
    Steve.

The offer was made in good faith, if I'd wanted payment I would have asked, I'm Jewish, for G*d's sake.

If you want it, then just PM me your address and leave it to me, OK?

tac

• Advertisement

PM sent. :)

Gone.

Post Office receipt #1-276534.

Yellow US-style envelope with 'from tac' on the back.

You might get it Saturday.

tac

PS - batteries not included. ;)

Thank you!

De nada, Mijneer.

Tschuess!

tac

Advertisement