Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used moving.ie/conveyancing ?

Options
  • 25-07-2014 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Offers conveyancing at €799. If can't be public then PMs appreciated

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

oceanclub wrote: »
    Offers conveyancing at €799. If can't be public then PMs appreciated

P.

If they are purely online how does it work I wonder, as several of the documents are required to be signed in the presence of the solicitor?

The fees don't seem significantly cheaper than other places ...... I think there claim that others charge 1% of purchase price isn't accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I would not skimp on conveyancing or survey, both are vital to your purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

What is the average fee? I asked a nearby solicitor and was quoted over 3K include search fees.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

oceanclub wrote: »
    What is the average fee? I asked a nearby solicitor and was quoted over 3K include search fees.

P.
    I think the average fee for conveyance is about €1,000-€1,500 for the professional fee which is what is being quoted on the site you sent.

The land registry and searches are very expensive. Our land registry fee is €975 plus searches etc so the professional fee is only a small part of the total outlay which I don't think is clearly spelt out on the site you linked.

Advertisement