Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's your Honeysuckle this year?

Options
  • 25-07-2014 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭

Have two plants growing on a shed which was beautiful and lush last year and the year before. But this year it looks to be in trouble, very sparse and bedraggled looking. Have done nothing different this year...mulched it in spring with well rotted manure mixed with some compost.
    Any ideas for what i can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭secman

Water it............................. the soil is unbelievably dry at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Have been Secman, every second night as it is in two very large concrete pots. Just wondered if it was a bad year for it generally...the roses are flying this year, flowering like mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Mine is rampant, very vigourous and covered in bees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

pwurple wrote: »
    Mine is rampant, very vigourous and covered in bees.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Mine are in the ground, i've never seen good long term results from climbers in pots. It limits them, dunno are they ever too happy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement