Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Build/Upgrade

Options
  • 24-07-2014 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all,

Currently looking to upgrade my current set up. I have a few parts that ill keep from my current computer but will buy most of my stuff new.

1. What is your budget? Roughly 300

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)
    Programming, web design and college work mostly with a little gaming and image editing as well

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]
    Yes can sort that myself though and not included in budget.
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)
    Yes can use GPU, Hard drive, DVD drive and RAM
    5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]
    No
    5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]
    1920x1080 and no I don't
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]
    I have a wireless USB for my internet because i can't get at the ethernet would it be worth getting a wireless card? Wouldn't be too pushed at the moment.
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]
    Yes in the future not at the moment though
    8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]
    Bank Trasfer/Debit Card/PayPal
    9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]
    Soon not 100% sure when but am willing to wait a couple months if anything in my price range comes out.

I'm looking for a CPU,MB,PSU,Case and an SSD. I have a few parts picked out but if there is any better for roughly the same price id consider changing if it would be worth it. Also need to know if everything is compatible.

Thanks!

CPU = AMD FX 6300 : 83.76

MB = ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0, AM3+, ATX : 61.97

Case = Zalman Z9 Plus Midi Tower - black, ohne Netzteil : 42.13

SSD = Crucial M500 120GB SATA 6GB/s 6,4CM (2,5") 7mm : 57.00

Comes out at about €292 on hardwareversand.de

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mark_G

Forgot to add the PSU which will be the Corsair builder series 500w for around 50 euro. Pushes me up to 350 but that's allright can stretch the budget up that far

Going to order soon so anyone have anything I should change before I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Mark_G wrote: »
    Going to order soon so anyone have anything I should change before I do?

I have that cpu and motherboard on its way to me at the moment,I went for the 600w psu but I do have a R9 270x in my build,

I am no expert but that looks fine m8

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

If you can hold off for another 2 weeks or so, AMD announced that the FX6300 is due a price cut on September 1st. May only be a tenner but it means extra case fans/ wifi card or maybe a bigger SSd is a possibility. All depends on if your in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

wiz569 wrote: »
    I have that cpu and motherboard on its way to me at the moment,I went for the 600w psu but I do have a R9 270x in my build,

I am no expert but that looks fine m8
    would be interesting to see how good the onboard gfx are on that board, AMD does seem to be making a lot of effort to promote them and their ability to be used in addition to a discreet gfx card in crossfire mode, which is pretty impressive if its actually got decent enough performance as it would mean you could buy a slightly lower specced gfx card and get more out of it in crossfire mode.

• Advertisement

Recurve360 wrote: »
    If you can hold off for another 2 weeks or so, AMD announced that the FX6300 is due a price cut on September 1st. May only be a tenner but it means extra case fans/ wifi card or maybe a bigger SSd is a possibility. All depends on if your in a rush.

Okay great thanks! Any reccomendations on the case fans? Been looking through the threads but everyone seems to like different ones. Cooler master maybe have what looks to be decent for cheap enough? Or zalman fans since I'm going with a zalman case but I assume it doesn't make much of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Mark_G wrote: »
    Okay great thanks! Any reccomendations on the case fans? Been looking through the threads but everyone seems to like different ones. Cooler master maybe have what looks to be decent for cheap enough? Or zalman fans since I'm going with a zalman case but I assume it doesn't make much of a difference?

Personally I went with be quiet! Pure Wings 2 120mm
    and they have been brilliant for me, push a lot of air and are practically silent. I replaced my stock fans with them and the only noise from my PC now is my CPU Cooler which im going to replace with high static pressure versions of these.

Also worth looking up how many fan headers your MB has, most usually have 2 or 3 so you may need a fan splitter or molex adapters to make use of extra fans :) Other good fans are Corsair SP's but there a little more expensive and from what iv heard are a little louder. :)

If you use geizhals.de you can save a few quid of the price of everything when ordering :)

Advertisement