Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber saving images to gallery .

Options
  • 24-07-2014 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

HI guys i bought an s4 liking it so far few things i cant seem to sort out .

i'm coming from an iPhone .

if i get text message the same message also comes in on viber is there a way i can stop this ?

also is it possible to stop viber pic saving to my pic gallery on my phone its so annoying ?

why are apps so different on ios and android like viber ha different options so has telegram etc.

thanks in advance .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Go into Viber-
    Menu button on bottom left of screen-
    Settings-
    Calls & Messages-
    Uncheck the ' free reply with Viber'

Should sort it.

Don't know about the Viber pics saving to Gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

you have viber set to be your main messaging app as well. I use gosms pro for main text messages and viber for internet messages along with whatsapp.
    you can change it in settings.
    Also it was only 2 hours since you posted the question, people might be a bit busy

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nonkeymuts

cheers for the reply tried that but the is nothing popping up when i hit menu button ?

oh wait i found it :) that's one down 1 to go. bloody mates sending joke pic to me on viber and they are saving in my gallery .

daytob wrote: »
    you have viber set to be your main messaging app as well. I use gosms pro for main text messages and viber for internet messages along with whatsapp.
    you can change it in settings.
    Also it was only 2 hours since you posted the question, people might be a bit busy

but what about viber pic saving to phone gallery anyway of stopping that ?

also how do i change it this android is a whole new ball game to me .

sorry for been a bit impatient but i'm getting double text all day and the heat don't help .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Ok, go into the menu again,
    Settings-
    Media-
    Uncheck the box that says 'auto download photos on 3g'
    Uncheck the wifi one too if it's checked.

Should sort it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nonkeymuts wrote: »
    oh wait i found it :) that's one down 1 to go. bloody mates sending joke pic to me on viber and they are saving in my gallery .

You're seeing it in your gallery cause all folders with images are indexed in it. You used to be able to put a .nomedia file in the viber folder and it'd stop them showing up but I don't know if that works anymore

lenoude wrote: »
    Ok, go into the menu again,
    Settings-
    Media-
    Uncheck the box that says 'auto download photos on 3g'
    Uncheck the wifi one too if it's checked.

Should sort it I think.

yep did that and still their still saving .

ah well just have to manual delete .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Nonkeymuts wrote: »
    yep did that and still their still saving .

ah well just have to manual delete .

Gallery is picking them up in the Viber folder, if you add a blank text file named .nomedia to the folder gallery won't bother with the media in the folder
    1. Download ES File explorer (its free)
    2. Install and open it
    3. Navigate to the folder you want to exclude (remember it propagates down e.g. if you place it in the root of SD then the whole of SD is excluded including all the sub-folders)
    4. Press Menu and select "new"
    5. Select "File"
    6. Call it .nomedia
    7. Rescan your memory Cards

You're seeing it in your gallery cause all folders with images are indexed in it. You used to be able to put a .nomedia file in the viber folder and it'd stop them showing up but I don't know if that works anymore

that's crap and yet works like a charm on my iPhone . i just swipe and its done .

• Advertisement
Advertisement