Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jim Ross: Somebody DID Stop The Damn Match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

*Retirement from WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

WHY TRIPLE H?! YOU SON OF A BITCH? WHY?! TELL ME WHYYYYYYY!?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

The end of WM X7.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

His short-lived rap career...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Reading Mick Foley's book again recently I was really reminded of how much of a difference JR could make. He could get over Angles and Wrestlers with his commentary where they wouldnt have gotten over otherwise. It's something severly lacking these days tbh. He also was just great at improvising and some of his lines like the ones from KOTR 98 are unforgettable

[after Foley is thrown off the cage] "Good God almighty! Good God almighty! They killed him!"

[JR's first look at Mick Foley, after he's fallen off the cell] As god as my witness, he is broken in half!

[after Foley is choke-slammed through the roof of the cell] Will somebody stop the damn match!

[after Foley is choke-slammed through the roof of the cell] Enough's enough! The poor son of a - he's broken in half!

[after witnessing Mankind fall through the cell] Thats it. he's dead.

[after Foley was slammed in the thumb tacks the first time] God he looks like a human pin-cushion!

and there was the one about wrestlers knowing how to fall I can't think of / find atm from the same match that really sold it for me

I'm looking forward to seing what else like this he does now though

someone also linked this to me a day or two ago... he can even make fails great!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mixed and complicated feelings about Jim Ross these days. Mick Foley levels of mixed and complicated feelings.

But in terms of calling people bastards and jezebels there's none better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Same as Rovert. I dislike him more and more as the months go by; ever since I started reading his blog...

For nostalgia sake my favourite call of his during his WWF run was probably In Your House Over the Edge 1998 after Austin beat Dude Love w/ McMahon et al. as yhe extras. Ross says something like "Austin is THE TOUGHEST SON OF A BITCH IN THE WWF" as he climbs the ropes to celebrate post-match.

I also love how he called the Austin v Hart submission match at WrestleMania 13 although, he was drowned out by McMahon unfortunately.

For an entire generation that is the best video ever.

Advertisement