Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend me a hedge trimmer

Options
  • 24-07-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

If i'm honest im a gardening ignoramus :) but its my job to keep out hedges under control...

We have big hedges out our back garden, each side roughly 8 feet high by 20 feet wide.... the hedge trimmer we had was an electrical one which i found a chore to use...it got caught in some of the hedging quite easily, there are a few different types of hedging.

Would a petrol powered trimmer be better for a garden that size?.... are they more powerful in generally... any recomendations would be appreciated as i have literally no knowledge of gardening (but hope to learn!)

I've seen long trimmers also, are these only for the tops of the hedges?.... ie would i need one for the top and another for the rest?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

boardie100 wrote: »
    If i'm honest im a gardening ignoramus :) but its my job to keep out hedges under control...

We have big hedges out our back garden, each side roughly 8 feet high by 20 feet wide.... the hedge trimmer we had was an electrical one which i found a chore to use...it got caught in some of the hedging quite easily, there are a few different types of hedging.

Would a petrol powered trimmer be better for a garden that size?.... are they more powerful in generally... any recomendations would be appreciated as i have literally no knowledge of gardening (but hope to learn!)

I've seen long trimmers also, are these only for the tops of the hedges?.... ie would i need one for the top and another for the rest?...

A petrol one will be a huge difference with a lot more power.it will have a bit more weight.
    The long trimmers are great it cuts out all the reaching etc
    Stick to a well known brand stihl husqvarna tanaka
    Service it regularly and it will last for years

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

boardie100 wrote: »

A petrol one will be a huge difference with a lot more power.it will have a bit more weight.
    The long trimmers are great it cuts out all the reaching etc
    Stick to a well known brand stihl husqvarna tanaka
    Service it regularly and it will last for years

Advertisement