Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June CSO Data

Options
  • 24-07-2014 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/rppi/residentialpropertypriceindexjune2014/#.U9Ds4vldXT9

Summary

In Dublin residential property prices grew by 3.3% in June and were 23.9% higher than a year ago.

Dublin house prices rose by 3.1% in the month and were 24.4% higher compared to a year earlier.

Dublin apartment prices were 18.2% higher when compared with the same month of 2013.

The price of residential properties in the Rest of Ireland (i.e. excluding Dublin) rose by 2.3% in June compared with an increase of 0.7% in June of last year.

All the usual caveats apply.

Last months thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Dublin seems to be all over the place, I'm seeing asking prices for apartments drop in Rathmines and asking prices not being reached in Drumcondra. Cheap houses in Finglas are supposedly being snapped up.

Are these crazy rises happening in the 100-250k, 250-300k, 400-600k or 600-800k market?

Seems pretty stagnant in the type I'm looking at (2br apt or house, Dublin centre and surrounding inner 'burbs 200-300k)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

This is great news...the faster they rise, the sooner the whole thing blows up again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

And people selling in back end of nowhere are stressed when their overpriced property wont sell.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

lima wrote: »
    Dublin seems to be all over the place, I'm seeing asking prices for apartments drop in Rathmines and asking prices not being reached in Drumcondra. Cheap houses in Finglas are supposedly being snapped up.

Remember asking prices are just that - it doesn't matter if they aren't achieved given they may have been set (way) too high in the first instance (a lot of this at present imho). What matters is if one place sells for more than a heterogeneous property previously.
    Are these crazy rises happening in the 100-250k, 250-300k, 400-600k or 600-800k market?

Who knows - we can speculate but no data is released by the CSO.
    Seems pretty stagnant in the type I'm looking at (2br apt or house, Dublin centre and surrounding inner 'burbs 200-300k)

Viewings, asking prices or selling prices?

Personally (living in NCD) I've been seeing 3 bed semi's broadly increase (both in asking & achieved PPR prices) in areas such as Swords, Donabate, Skerries & Malahide both over the last 18 months and going particularly mad recently. Not sure if that's substitution effect or just general panic.

The rises are unsustainable and nuts imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Dredd_J

The ring of price rises around Dublin seems to be expanding alright.
    People are going further afield to buy a house at a price they want to buy at.
    We were going to buy a bigger house slightly further out, hoping that by doing that we would get in before the price rises hit our chosen area.
    In the end though we decided to sit it out. If we stay in Ireland we will be renting and if we move to Spain we have a house there anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement