Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm for esox

Options
  • 24-07-2014 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Just after gettin into piking and after running into problems with deadbaiting with no alarms. i want to invest in two alarms but there is such such a wide range im baffled. i have seen some for nothing but was told no to go too cheap as you get what you pay for. then there was other sets with two and three alarms with receiver ranging from 50 to 80 euro i think they were LEEDA. then higher priced ones with names i recognised.

any thoughts or advice, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Ebay man. I got mine from ebay.
    No name on them but for 24 dollars I got 3 alarms and 3 pods for them.
    Over 2 year and they still work.
    I used t not use them and just leave the drag right off and wait for the noise but after few beers you'd get sleepy and wouldn't hear it going off

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭zombiekiller

I had to rods in the water and the youngfella was messing round the place so i didnt hear the reel go. i seen a nice fish jump a good bit down the bank so i thought i throw my bait down there and when i reeled it in it was caught around a large weed and wouldnt budge so i went out and while i was snapping the reed my rod shot of the bank and hit me. i grapped it and a 4lb fish came out so thats why i got the alarms today. 50 quid 2 alarms and receiver. Leeda

Advertisement