Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheels!! what to buy ?? (Budget €1000)

Options
  • 23-07-2014 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

So many wheelsets on the market , I'm a bit confused !!

What's the best wheels for around €1000 ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 shaneobrien95

calm3 wrote: »
    are there mushroom Wheels?

?? Mushroom wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Cycle superstore offer today was zipp wheels for 999. They looked nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

So many wheelsets on the market

so many opinions.

I vote extralite. But in a way don't, I don't want them becoming popular or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭slow

I've been very impressed by Racecraft wheels handbuilt in Dublin by David Richardson. Lovely clincher carbon wheels on view in Junior Tour last week. Young O' Loughlin used them to win on Gallows Hill. www.racecraftwheels.com. Around the €700 - €800 for a 1350g pair similar to Zipp 303 Firecrests.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tamaskan

Dura Ace C24 wheels. If they're good enough for victory on the last two Tour de France, I'm sure they'll do a fine job for you too. Rock Solid reliability and only 1350 grams. I got mine for €700 new on sale, though they were still less than €800 I think pre sale.

Whatever you get though for that price I'm sure will be a fine set of wheels. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

tamaskan wrote: »
    Dura Ace C24 wheels. If they're good enough for victory on the last two Tour de France, I'm sure they'll do a fine job for you too. Rock Solid reliability and only 1350 grams. I got mine for €700 new on sale, though they were still less than €800 I think pre sale.

Whatever you get though for that price I'm sure will be a fine set of wheels. Enjoy.
    Are they worth the extra over RS81s?

(or to be precise WH-RS81-C24-CL)

e.g. here for €469:
    http://www.bike24.com/p260982.html

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tamaskan

Lumen wrote: »

e.g. here for €469:

To answer your question, I have never ridden those Shimano RS81's. But from what I've read about them if u don't suffer from upgrade-itis like me, they are apparently nearly as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Lumen wrote: »

e.g. here for €469:

I have both rs80's c 24, and dura ace c24's, I love them both. The dura ace have a noticeable faster roll and are slightly lighter, the wheels have the same characteristics when riding. I find them both great anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Hard to look past Dura Ace C24 wheels.

Advertisement