Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confetti

Options
  • 23-07-2014 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me please where in Cork City can I buy Confetti???
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

Dunno about Cork, but you can buy it in all party shops, costume shops and the bigger pound shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

Cheers Galway Girl.............:)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Online? I've bought loads of stuff for my wedding online. I currently have a load of candles winging their way from china! :D

Great but I need it for Thursday ...............Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

cathorio wrote: »
    Great but I need it for Thursday ...............Thank you.

If your planning to "throw" confetti you had better check with the venue beforehand. Most churches for example prohibit confetti, rice whatever these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

I'm with mrsbyrne on this. Venues like hotels and churches don't like having to clean-up confetti between weddings, as it's nigh impossible to do.
    If you're just using it for decoration on tables though, that's another story...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Gatica wrote: »
    I'm with mrsbyrne on this. Venues like hotels and churches don't like having to clean-up confetti between weddings, as it's nigh impossible to do.
    If you're just using it for decoration on tables though, that's another story...

Apart from the dirt it creates, confetti wet on concrete or stone steps turns the place into a skating rink. That's why youddon't see it any more, apart , as Gatica says, for interior decoration.

I am aware of all these concerns thank you. I was lucky enough this morning to get some Biodegradable Confetti for a wedding in Germany. I did check with the venue and they have no objection to its use.��

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

sorted I was going to say Woodies and roman house in town, Deals do it too.. Yeah tis kinda a bit of a questionable one nowadays think people prefer rice or maybe flowers petals or something

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

The last wedding I was at had bubbles instead of confetti....the kind of bubbles kids play with. The groomsman had about twenty bottles in a box at the back of the church and gave them out to the guests standing near the door and to any of the bigger kids.....the photos of the bride and groom walking through bubbles floating in the air were lovely and no mess left on the church steps.

I got confetti for a hen party in a Hallmark shop if anyone else is looking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement