Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with planting

Options
  • 23-07-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I have no idea about gardening or planting but I have moved in to my new home and we have a small flower bed in the back garden with a few shrubs, I would love to add some colour, is there anything I can plant now?
    Photo attached
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Tons. Best bet is to get along to your garden centre and see what they have in the way of annuals. Dig out a nice big hole for each plant and file it with compost. Then plant into that. Give them a good watering and feed with liquid tomato feed every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

You could visit some garden centers in your area,this time of the year they often have deals on bedding plants.
    Just pick what looks nice to you.Looking at your photo you could get 15-20 plants in there ok.
    Grab a bag of compost also, that you can spread out along the bed,a few inches. Lightly fork over and tidy the soil first.
    The fresh compost will make the plants stand out more.Just keep them watered and they will be good for a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Thanks a million folks, is there any plants I should stay clear off or any that will be very suitable to the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

Any of the bedding plants will be good. Plants/bedding vary a little from center to center.
    Chat to the staff they ll fill you in.

Advertisement