Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardwareversand out of stock?

Options
  • 23-07-2014 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Hi, quick question- if items are marked out of stock, should I jut order them and they will come eventually, or wait until they are in stock then order, or what? Getting this and this.

Also, while I'm here- thinking of getting thermal paste, all the guides say to use rubbing alcohol and a lint-free cloth to remove the old paste from the surfaces. Where would I get rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Ryuzaki

From my experience you can be left waiting seemingly indefinitely for some items. I was waiting for a GTX 770 for almost 3 weeks and still never got it. Cancelled and ordered from amazon instead at a highest cost but the rest of the parts shipped.

Honestly its hit and miss but if you're in no rush, the parts will ship as soon as they're back and you order. Its 11.99 postage (if I remember correctly) and if you order them together you have to wait for both to be in stock at the same time before it ships.

So might as well order if you don't have high expectations of getting them say next week. As for the other question, haven't a breeze, sorry. I'm sure snooping around google will help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Also, while I'm here- thinking of getting thermal paste, all the guides say to use rubbing alcohol and a lint-free cloth to remove the old paste from the surfaces. Where would I get rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth?

I use an Arcticlean set for cleaning the surfaces. This stuff http://www.dabs.ie/products/arctic-silver-arcticlean-thermal-material-remover-and-surface-purifier-55P3.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Ryuzaki wrote: »
    From my experience you can be left waiting seemingly indefinitely for some items. I was waiting for a GTX 770 for almost 3 weeks and still never got it. Cancelled and ordered from amazon instead at a highest cost but the rest of the parts shipped.

Honestly its hit and miss but if you're in no rush, the parts will ship as soon as they're back and you order. Its 11.99 postage (if I remember correctly) and if you order them together you have to wait for both to be in stock at the same time before it ships.

So might as well order if you don't have high expectations of getting them say next week. As for the other question, haven't a breeze, sorry. I'm sure snooping around google will help you out.

Many thanks for the info. Might just go to Amazon too, but it is like €60 more expensive, and currently has this "This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described." message, so have to go for the non-Amazon sellers.
    abbir wrote: »

Nice, that's perfect thanks.

Many thanks for the info. Might just go to Amazon too, but it is like €60 more expensive, and currently has this "This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described." message, so have to go for the non-Amazon sellers.

I think that means the seller that was endorsed by amazon is under review. You can still order the item though if you click where is says "X New from: "
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00HFA44YQ/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I know, but I guess it is academic because none of the sellers with decent prices I tried will ship to Ireland. Will just wait out and see if they come back in stock in HWVS, or if the endorsed seller comes back.

• Advertisement

I know, but I guess it is academic because none of the sellers with decent prices I tried will ship to Ireland. Will just wait out and see if they come back in stock in HWVS, or if the endorsed seller comes back.

Thats amazon for you. Quite unfortunate and I do know how you feel. HWVS is really your best bet though :D It will, eventually be back. Maybe in my case I just had seriously bad luck waiting weeks on end. You could try a slightly different or equivalent GPU though if its a rush situation. Good luck! :) It's exciting stuff, especially treating youself to a high end GPU! :D

Ordered this morning- the site updated to say they should be in stock tomorrow, so hopefully I will get them in a week or so. Was going to get a case fan too but looking at my case I can only mount one on the side panel, and there will most likely not be room once the CPU cooler is in place.

abir- I ended up getting this kit, so thank you very much.

While I have you.. assuming all goes well I will have a Sapphire Radeon 6950 2GB(DiRT3) spare after the upgrade, what's a reasonable second hand price for that, maybe €90?

Just to clarify something- since I ordered, both items in my order have been in stock, but not at the same time. Now they're both out of stock. Do they really not dispatch until all items are in stock at the same time? Could be waiting forever then!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

My understanding is:
    Once your order reaches the picking stage (after funds cleared I think?), they'll start assembling your order - taking things out of stock where available. This may deplete their stock (item goes out of stock on the website), but doesnt matter, as your item has been picked.

Once all items have been picked, order is dispatched.

Using the current stock levels to determine how your order is progressing can be misleading, as you dont know exactly what has been successfully picked, and whats missing

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Wcool

I have been waiting for 2 weeks now on my order to ship. 1 item is out of stock. I sent them 2 emails, one in English and one in (broken) German to ask them to swap the item out of stock with a cheaper item in stock, complete with links and telling them they can keep the difference.

Not even a reply beyond the automated email...

I have to admit I am a bit pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 cilldroichid

Tis better to ring them. I had the same problem of a item going out of stock between my order and Hardwareversand receiving the money. After 9 days I rang them, no problem swapping the item for a dearer item and the order was dispatched a few hours later.

Sigh, ordered last Thursday and still no dispatch. Guess I'll just continue to wait it out. Is Monday a holiday in Germany too?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

I was waiting for 3 weeks there last week, They kept telling me in the next few days they would have it so I eventually gave out and asked for manger. Then they offer me a better more expense product. Got the
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO Basic 250GB SATA 6Gb/s

Instead of the

Crucial MX100 SSD 256GB (2,5", 7mm)

Oh yea you need to ring them. They don't reply to emails at all

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Wcool

I got my order sorted, they shipped yesterday, will be after the bank holiday :( before I get it.

Dunno what happened there, maybe it's cyclical :)

My order shipped yesterday evening. Hopefully I will get it and some other stuff I ordered from Amazon in time to spend some time on Saturday rejigging my system.

The plan of attack is
    • Remove existing graphics card(Sapphire 6950)
    • Remove the two hard disks
    • Remove one of the side panel fans(won't fit after new CPU cooler goes in)
    • Unplug the PSU(Super Flower 650w- I don't trust it with the R9 290x, its highest 12v rail is 30a and I don't want to take the risk; also I'm sick of its non-modularity) from everything in the system and then remove it from the case
    • Cut the hard drive cage as needed to fit the new graphics card(will probably just use a snips, or I will see if I can just remove the cage entirely, either way)
    • Install a front 120mm fan(though I tried this before and couldn't find the mounting points- it needs special long screws that came with the case and are currently in use for the rear fan, so I am using rubber thingies)
    • Use adapter brackets to move HDDs to the CD bays(better airflow for graphics card)
    • Remove the Intel stock cooler
    • Clean thermal paste, apply new, install CM Hyper 212 Evo(case has a cutout at the back so I should be able to do this without taking MB out)
    • Install new PSU(Corsair RM850, modular) and connect it up to stuff
    • Install new graphics card(Sapphire R9-290x Tri-X)
    • Turn it on, pray it all works

Advertisement