Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone rate my url/title tag/meta description?

Options
  • 23-07-2014 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any advice on the following url/title tag/meta description would be much appreciated.

The below is based on a product:

URL
    https://www. tengtools.co.uk/toolkits/teng-tools-tcmm569sv/569-piece-toolkit

Title Tag
    <title> Teng Tools TCMM569SV | 569 Piece Toolkit | Buy Online | Free Shipping <title>

Meta Description
    <head>
    <meta name=“description” content=“The best toolkit for maintenance workshops! Built up using SV tool boxes with a TC806SV top box, TC803SV middle box and TCW807SV roller cabinet”>
    </head>

Am I right to include sub folders in the url? The above product will be located in the 'toolkits' section of the store. The reason I ask is that other products will be located at the end of multiple folders eg. sockets & accessories > 1/4" drive sockets > metric regular. They may get very long.

My title tag is 69 characters long. Will all of this appear or should I reduce it to 65?

As this will link to a product page, I included a call to action - Buy Online and Free Shipping. Yay or nay? I read that if the page is linking to a product for purchase, something stating that fact should be included.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pamello

Hi Shuffles03,

A few comments/answers to your questions:

Am I right to include sub folders in the url? You can include subfolders but this will somehow help your ranking on search engines only if the said subfolder name is keyword-rich and relevant to the keyword phrase people would normally use for searching for product like yours.

My title tag is 69 characters long. Will all of this appear or should I reduce it to 65? Google displays title tag between 50-60 characters long.

As this will link to a product page, I included a call to action - Buy Online and Free Shipping. Yay or nay? A call to action is generally a good idea. To me the most important thing is that the funnel, or the path from the homepage/product page to the check out is as short and easy to follow as possible.

I hope the above helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Can I make a few suggestions:

The title tags are fine. Just think about how the punters are searching – what potential phrases will they use – toolkit is possibly ok.

<title> Teng Tools TCMM569SV | 569 Piece Toolkit | Buy Online | Free Shipping <title

Is the product name necessary – or could something be supplemented for it?

Your description needs a bit of focus (I think):

The best toolkit for maintenance workshops! Free Shipping. Built up using SV tool boxes with a top box, middle box and roller cabinet. Buy online.

I can appreciate the way the site is structured might lead to long urls, titles, etc – but make sure that that they don’t get too deep. Have a ‘breadcrumb’ at the top of the page so that someone can get back to the home page or indeed another portion of the site

Home>Sockets & Accessories>1/4" drive sockets>metric regular>etc

The title tag: Google search results will truncate your title to fit into a desired space. The space is actually 512px X 21px (the 21 doesn’t matter). So the title will show all the letters/characters and spaces that will fit into 512px 18pt arial, sans-serif;

But that’s aesthetics. That’s what google displays, but that doesn’t mean that its won’t take into account, for its algorithm, any phrase that’s not shown because it’s beyond 512 px! But don give yourself the licence to go stuffing and gaming the system.

Just as I’m here…..

Some of the images you have on the pages are very big and render slowly. You should look at bring them down in size a bit/lot.

There are a few broken links on some the pages (I’m not being uber critical just pointing it out)

And just as an observation – I find the body copy too small and too light – but that’s a personal one.

C

Advertisement