Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you use Three's credit to buy a Chromecast?

Options
  • 23-07-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Just wondering.

The (mobile) Play Store gives you the option of using credit to pay for apps, but can you do it for devices too?

Comments

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Cheers for the answer. Could have swore I saw someone saying on the Chromecast thread that that's how they bought it, but obviously must have been daydreaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wish it were, have over €50 stacked up, would have been perfect.

I have enough credit to buy a Nexus if that were the case!

But alas you can't buy hardware from a mobile. Also if memory serves me right Three also limit how much you can spend on carrier billing per month. Can't remember the exact figure but I think it was around €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I have enough credit to buy a Nexus if that were the case!

But alas you can't buy hardware from a mobile. Also if memory serves me right Three also limit how much you can spend on carrier billing per month. Can't remember the exact figure but I think it was around €25.

Think its €60, only started using it a few days ago so I've skimmed the ToS recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Cheers for the answer. Could have swore I saw someone saying on the Chromecast thread that that's how they bought it, but obviously must have been daydreaming!

That was me I reckon, I was hoping to buy it that way but I was corrected here.
    I just use my excess credit to get a Google music sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Ah well. Amazon UK is still the cheapest one around, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ah well. Amazon UK is still the cheapest one around, yeah?

I got mine in Tesco,€39.99

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

Could you buy the chromecast from your 3 mobile broadband dongle credit as opposed to your phone credit

Advertisement