Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Alarm

Options
  • 23-07-2014 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys!

I need help with phonewatch alarm and low battery warning.

I see from some posts that it costs €200+ to get a technician out. (This is not an option)

The control panel sounds to indicate "low battery". Having to get up out of bed twice a night to silence the buzzer is totally unacceptable. I should be charging phonewatch for the most annoying funkin thing I ever had to deal with - it really is doing my head in. I'm close to smashing the thing off the funkin wall.

So if anyone could PM me come codes for finally deactivating this thing and I will source a battery myself.

Thanks J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Dian Cecht

IIRC you are allowed service calls under your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

abbeylea wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I see from some posts that it costs €200+ to get a technician out. (This is not an option)

The control panel sounds to indicate "low battery". Having to get up out of bed twice a night to silence the buzzer is totally unacceptable. I should be charging phonewatch for the most annoying funkin thing I ever had to deal with - it really is doing my head in. I'm close to smashing the thing off the funkin wall.

So if anyone could PM me come codes for finally deactivating this thing and I will source a battery myself.

Thanks J.

You should not need the engineer code to change the battery.
    Do you know what system you have installed so I can help you more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

abbeylea wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Thanks J.
    had an engineer at the family home today,they waved the 200euro fee :D but on the other hand they are evading me because I am looking to get my cctv hard drive replaced,it failed under warranty :mad:

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    had an engineer at the family home today,they waved the 200euro fee :D but on the other hand they are evading me because I am looking to get my cctv hard drive replaced,it failed under warranty :mad:

If it is under warranty they should do it no problem.
    The people being hit the most is old customers who don't have the system monitored and maintained by them anymore. They seem to think no one else can service the systems they used :)

altor wrote: »
    If it is under warranty they should do it no problem.
    The people being hit the most is old customers who don't have the system monitored and maintained by them anymore. They seem to think no one else can service the systems they used :)
    I signed up when they were owned by eircom,they have ceased ding the cctv side of things,i owe them a good few bob and they will not see a cent of it until they replace my system,i am paying them x.xx euro's a week but I will soon pull that,5 times I rang them to replace it today and nothing at all in reply :mad:

• Advertisement

I signed up when they were owned by eircom,they have ceased ding the cctv side of things,i owe them a good few bob and they will not see a cent of it until they replace my system,i am paying them x.xx euro's a week but I will soon pull that,5 times I rang them to replace it today and nothing at all in reply :mad:

Well if its under warranty they should replace it.
    I would stop the direct debit till you get the response you want.
    Disclaimer :D Up to you what you do :D

Well if its under warranty they should replace it.
    I would stop the direct debit till you get the response you want.
    Disclaimer :D Up to you what you do :D
    I stopped it before i'll stop it again :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I stopped it before i'll stop it again :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Action speaks louder than words ;):D

Action speaks louder than words ;):D
    not a more true sentence said ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RedLeon

Hi Guys

Im also having the same problem with a system low battery!!! im not very tech minded and its looking for eng code to stop the beeping. does anybody have this code??

• Advertisement

RedLeon wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Im also having the same problem with a system low battery!!! im not very tech minded and its looking for eng code to stop the beeping. does anybody have this code??

The engineer code will not stop the beeps, only fixing the problem will. Do you know what system you have installed?

Advertisement