Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for accommodation advice - BIMM 2014

Options
  • 23-07-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all ,
    Im steve , soon to be a student at BIMM ,
    Looking for some advice on where to get accommodation for close to the collage .
    I dont have a huge knowledge of the area so to be honest don't know where to even start .
    I would rather shared accommodation ,hopefully in a house with other BIMM students , for the obvious reason as musicians as housemates are an acquired preference .
    Any help is very much appreciated .
    Thanks in advance .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 alex03

Where is BIMM??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lesmanic

alex03 wrote: »
    Where is BIMM??

Sorry I should have specified , it's Bimm in Dublin . It's located on Francis street .

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kitchenkid

is it a third level course from october to june? never heard of BIMM, think you would need to explain your requirements to a prospective "house". Good luck

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

kitchenkid wrote: »
    is it a third level course from october to june? never heard of BIMM, think you would need to explain your requirements to a prospective "house". Good luck

It's a music education college.

OP as Francis Street is in Dublin 8 you can either search that area for accommodation or you could to go to Dublinbus.ie and find any bus route that runs by that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nickwarduk

Hi Steve,

I've also applied and in the same boat about accommodation. Have you found any other Bimm potential 1st years wanting to share a house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Lesmanic

nickwarduk wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

I've also applied and in the same boat about accommodation. Have you found any other Bimm potential 1st years wanting to share a house?

I know a few people in other years looking to fill rooms , I think a couple of the rooms are twin sharing so that wouldn't suit me . Have you had any luck ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 riaburke22

Lesmanic wrote: »
    Hi all ,
    Im steve , soon to be a student at BIMM ,
    Looking for some advice on where to get accommodation for close to the collage .
    I dont have a huge knowledge of the area so to be honest don't know where to even start .
    I would rather shared accommodation ,hopefully in a house with other BIMM students , for the obvious reason as musicians as housemates are an acquired preference .
    Any help is very much appreciated .
    Thanks in advance .

Hi all, I'm hoping that next week I'll be offered a place on the part time Songwriting diploma in BIMM. I'm from Cork so I'd need to stay in Dublin but the course is only on Fridays so realistically I'm looking at accommodation for two nights a week (Thursday and Friday). Is anyone else in the same position or is anyone offering a bed or even maybe a couch to stay on for two nights a week in exchange for me helping with the rent for those nights? Thanks!

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

riaburke22 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm hoping that next week I'll be offered a place on the part time Songwriting diploma in BIMM. I'm from Cork so I'd need to stay in Dublin but the course is only on Fridays so realistically I'm looking at accommodation for two nights a week (Thursday and Friday). Is anyone else in the same position or is anyone offering a bed or even maybe a couch to stay on for two nights a week in exchange for me helping with the rent for those nights? Thanks!

You might be better off looking for an owner occupier,a hostel or a B&B that would do you a deal.

If you put up an ad on daft.ie or gumtree, you might be lucky and someone with a spare room may contact you.
    Ring any hostels and B&B's in the city or even in Kildare and see if you can book out Thurs/Fridays for the foreseeable future. Those outside the city would be happy of the confirmed bookings over the course of a term.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement