Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv chanels for android?

Options
  • 22-07-2014 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

for an android phone ? app .most greatfull if can sort this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

samsclub wrote: »
    for an android phone ? app .most greatfull if can sort this.

Mobdro

• Registered Users Posts: 18 theJED102

Send to Roku (is actually just a streaming app)
    Film on TV
    Rte,3 player etc
    Download a flash apk and use sites like project free TV and wiziwig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

4od

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.channel4.ondemand

You can also get BBC iPlayer and Media Player, from Aptoide and 1Mobile Markets.

You will need additional stuff, either VPN or Smart DNS, Hola or Hotspot Shield free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

theJED102 wrote: »
    Send to Roku (is actually just a streaming app)
    Film on TV
    Rte,3 player etc
    Download a flash apk and use sites like project free TV and wiziwig

What is this 'send to Roku' you speak of?
    Is it possible to install on a Now TV Box (rebranded Roku LT)
    I have PlayTo and that's pretty handy for FilmOn and for playing files from my NAS to the Now TV but if I could send RTE Player stuff and other video player apps to the box then it would be great

• Advertisement

What is this 'send to Roku' you speak of?
    Is it possible to install on a Now TV Box (rebranded Roku LT)
    I have PlayTo and that's pretty handy for FilmOn and for playing files from my NAS to the Now TV but if I could send RTE Player stuff and other video player apps to the box then it would be great

Send to Roku is an app that when installed on two devices (a sender like your phone and a recover like a roku) let's you browse free video chanels and live streams and then play them on your larger screen.

I would also recommend cheapcast which turns an android device into a free chromecast.

Send to Roku is an app that when installed on two devices (a sender like your phone and a recover like a roku) let's you browse free video chanels and live streams and then play them on your larger screen.

I would also recommend cheapcast which turns an android device into a free chromecast.

Have you a link for the Send to Roku app? I cant find it in the Play store. All I can see is Juice for Roku and the app that I already have PlayTo

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭samsclub

whats a flask apk?

samsclub wrote: »
    whats a flask apk?

The adobe flash application file or .apk file, it was taken down by adobe a while back but should be available to download online. Allows you to watch/interact with flash in web browsers such as chrome and dolphin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

The adobe flash application file or .apk file, it was taken down by adobe a while back but should be available to download online. Allows you to watch/interact with flash in web browsers such as chrome and dolphin.

If on KitKat, might be a problem.....I think you may need a modified flash, and use Dolphin browser.

It might not be needed with html5 becoming more popular.

See below for full instructions and flash player download for KitKat:

www.trishtech.com/2014/07/install-adobe-flash-player-in-android-kitkat/

• Advertisement

Just checked there, send to roku was rebranded play to roku...
    What sort of device is it by the way?

Just checked there, send to roku was rebranded play to roku...
    What sort of device is it by the way?

Ah OK
    I already have the PlayTo app and it works fine.
    I misunderstood you in that I thought you had some app that would allow me to play FilmOn, RTE Player, 3Player etc content on the Roku from a phone

Advertisement