Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber Mills, Artane, Parking

Options
  • 22-07-2014 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Everyone,
    I was wondering is there anyone who might know about the Timber Mills parking policy. We are about to rent an apartment there and we have a a van. They say that no commercial Vehicles are allowed, however van has no signs on it at all, nothing is written.. They say it is not allowed.. is this right? How strict they are?

If they don't allow it, anyone knows of any alternative parking arrangements in this area?

I would appreciate your help :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

gercik wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I was wondering is there anyone who might know about the Timber Mills parking policy. We are about to rent an apartment there and we have a a van. They say that no commercial Vehicles are allowed, however van has no signs on it at all, nothing is written.. They say it is not allowed.. is this right? How strict they are?

If they don't allow it, anyone knows of any alternative parking arrangements in this area?

I would appreciate your help :)

Thanks

Is the van commercially taxed? If so it's a commercial vehicle irrespective of signage. Don't start your time there by trying to break the rules, apartment complexes usually have this rule so it's a problem you will encounter a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gercik

Thanks,

I don't think it is commercially taxed.. so the question is whether Van is or is not allowed if it is not commercial..
    and I am not planning to start my time there by breaking the rules. Just trying to get a better feel of what to expect if someone tries to stretch them a bit :)

G

Thanks,

I don't think it is commercially taxed.. so the question is whether Van is or is not allowed if it is not commercial..
    and I am not planning to start my time there by breaking the rules. Just trying to get a better feel of what to expect if someone tries to stretch them a bit :)

G

In our development you would be clamped every time you parked there. Ask the landlord for the precise wording of the clause in their lease with the management company

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gercik

Sounds scary...

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Sounds scary...

Maybe so, but parking spaces are a premium in most developments and there are often more cars than there are allocated spaces. Commercial vehicles tend to be bigger and take up more than one space.

• Advertisement

Sounds scary...

They're not allowed and it's a fairly black and white rule with the exception of deliveries and tradespeople during business hours. It is up to landlords to communicate that to potential tenants.

Just the experience in our development

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

another reason for this I would think is that people with a van also have a car and then want more spaces. Plus vans can be quite high and block view and light easily. And of course there is the argument of unsightly which got a big thread here last year but that's a debate that's hard for either side to win!

OP, I wouldn't start with trying to stretch rules etc. It is primarily a commercial vehicle if its a van i.e. white panel van. If its a megane van car thing then you might get away with it because its a car with no seats but you must follow what the lease says

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ClearlyClear

Just so you are aware I was looking at a property in this development.
    I'd seriously recommend any prospective buyers have a detailed survey, including a structural survey done.
    If you have a chance Google the Management Company too- you might find some interesting information.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,852 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

http://www.timbermills.net/MembersResources/building-defects

Errr yeah....I think I best give these a miss.
    I looked at a few that are on sale in person....definitely the odd sign of damp...area seemed ok though and very handy

Advertisement