Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better as a friend?

Options
  • 22-07-2014 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I've been seeing this guy for a few months now. He's lovely. Really great. We get on very well together and the sex is good but I don't know if I feel the spark that I should.

I enjoy spending time with him but I don't get the butterflies or excitment when I see him. For such a new relationship, I don't think this is a good sign.

The last thing I want to do is hurt him but I'm confused about my feelings. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

If you've been seeing him for a few months you should know by now if you want him as your boyfriend or not. If it's not there it's not there, no biggie. End things now so you can both move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

It can be quite common.

There are a couple of choices, you can decide you want to be together for a while because well it's nice to have someone and he feels the same way as you. Or you can wait to see if it becomes something more.

What do you need right now? What does he need?

What does he feel ? Is he on the same page?

If you feel it is not a good sign and you are looking for something else and don't want to hurt him I would suggest seeing how you feel in a while get your feelings straight.

Good sex with a nice guy is living the dream OP :-) !

anna080 wrote: »
    If you've been seeing him for a few months you should know by now if you want him as your boyfriend or not. If it's not there it's not there, no biggie. End things now so you can both move on.

It depends other life events can cloud things.

If there is nothing else in your life going on and you are still unsure and butterflies is what you need then end it nicely.

Hopefully you can keep him as a mate :)

It is not unusual to not know or just be with someone because you want the company for a while.

You seem like you know what you want though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Blokes love being relegated to the friend zone.....

Just do what you feel op. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Zambia wrote: »
    Blokes love being relegated to the friend zone.....

Please stick to offering advice to the OP.

Advertisement