Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plants for around base of trees..

Options
  • 22-07-2014 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I am looking for some advice on the sort of plants I could plant around the base of some trees in my front garden, the trees have a circa 1 meter in diameter grass free area at their base which was originally covered with bark chippings, this has eroded over time due to mowing and such and I want to take the "bare" look off of it...

I guess almost anything goes but just wondering if anyone has specific suggestions....

Thanks in advance.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

A few spring bulbs would be my first thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I' ve to do the same around a few trees - was thinking spring bulbs and hadspen blood maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

I' ve to do the same around a few trees - was thinking spring bulbs and hadspen blood maybe

It will be too dry for Astrantia at the base of trees.

Advertisement