Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend baby changing mat ireland

Options
  • 21-07-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hey just wondering should I be fussy about a baby changing matt? any tips on things that work and don't work in general when buying nursery furniture woul be great :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

jellybeans wrote: »
    Hey just wondering should I be fussy about a baby changing matt? any tips on things that work and don't work in general when buying nursery furniture woul be great :o

A mat is a mat get a nice padded one thou to protect their little heads.

I didn't bother with nappy disposal bin or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

The best mat I had was actually a free one that I got from Bepanthen at one of the Pregnancy & Baby Fairs. I don't know if they sell them separately but there's a competition there for a kit, including a changing mat.

http://parent.ie/win-bepanthen-baby-skin-protection-hamper/

I don't work for them, I swear! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

jellybeans wrote: »

I have two padded ones on my changing tables and a cheap one from dealz that is thin and folds into a square for when I am out and about!
    Ones that don't work: the ones that have a fabric cover!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

vitani wrote: »
    The best mat I had was actually a free one that I got from Bepanthen at one of the Pregnancy & Baby Fairs. I don't know if they sell them separately but there's a competition there for a kit, including a changing mat.

http://parent.ie/win-bepanthen-baby-skin-protection-hamper/

I don't work for them, I swear! :)
    I won this so thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I have a padded one for my changing table and have taken to using disposable ones if I have to change her when we are out and about. I've had one or two encounters with grubby changing tables in public baby changing rooms and the mat that came with my changing bag doesn't cover them adequately. I still use a wipe on them first before putting it down but wouldn't like to lie on them myself! Thankfully most places are fine though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I have a bebe jou for the changing table that I got on offer from amazon. It's super padded and comfy, I change and dress him on it :)

http://www.bebe-jou.com/product/show/29/Comfort%20dresscushion.html

I also have a standard mothercare one stashed behind the couch downstairs, very handy for a quick change to save carrying babs up and down the stairs :) Out and about I use the dealz disposable one.

Regarding nursery furniture, I would buy standard chests of drawers and wardrobes etc as opposed to the 'nursery sets'. Nursery sets are usually made from laminate veneer or plywood and they cost an absolute fortune. You're better off spending the money on solid sturdy regular furniture that will last longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Roesy wrote: »
    I have a padded one for my changing table and have taken to using disposable ones if I have to change her when we are out and about. I've had one or two encounters with grubby changing tables in public baby changing rooms and the mat that came with my changing bag doesn't cover them adequately. I still use a wipe on them first before putting it down but wouldn't like to lie on them myself! Thankfully most places are fine though.

Yep the disposable mats are pretty much a necessity when out and about! I've sometimes had to change him on the changing "tables" in the train loos - I'm certainly not going to stick a mat back into my clean changing bag after that! Straight into the bin, yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I have an ikea mat for the changing table - cheap, and the covers are cheap too. I always have a pack of milton wipes in my changing bag; good for changing tables and high chairs when we're out. I'm not a germophobe by any means, but some places are manky!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

nikpmup wrote: »
    I have an ikea mat for the changing table - cheap, and the covers are cheap too. I always have a pack of milton wipes in my changing bag; good for changing tables and high chairs when we're out. I'm not a germophobe by any means, but some places are manky!

I can't handle public changing tables! I have never used one! Don't get me wrong I tried twice but I swear I nearly puked as soon as I walking in! I always go back to my car to change him!!!!

It's the smell from the nappy bins, I can't understand why (a) they aren't emptied more regularly, and (b) why parents don't put the pooey ones into a nappy bag and tie a knot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

What freaks me out more than public changing rooms is those trolleys in supermarkets that have the plastic baby seats attatched *shudder* The ones in my local tesco are always FILTHY, I'd sooner leave the baby lick a window on the luas than put him in one of those :eek:

What freaks me out more than public changing rooms is those trolleys in supermarkets that have the plastic baby seats attatched *shudder* The ones in my local tesco are always FILTHY, I'd sooner leave the baby lick a window on the luas than put him in one of those :eek:

Aldi and lidl have trolleys that have a sort of platform thing that you can put the car seat on, I used to always use those. He's big enough now to sit up in the normal seats on the trolley

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

There was an idea pitched on the irish dragons den for fold out covers for the plastic seats on trolleys. it got funding so I expect you will see them around soon enough.

Advertisement